minuteman project and Waco type events thread

Phoenix

http://invisionfree.com/forums/Time_Travel...wtopic=836&st=0
Phoenix
Posted: Jan 9 2004, 12:13 AM

Are some areas of the United States safer than others?

Take a close look at the county-by-county voting map from the last
elections.

*Clearly the Rebels are the States and Counties that voted for Gore and are Democrat Party held states in 2000.

Here I must completely disagree with you.

first lets look at the map shall we.
electioncounties.jpg

Note that Titor said that the cities were where all of the statist policies were being enacted and people had to flee out into the country to gain relative freedom. Which color shows the major cities, which color shows the country.

Next Titor was asked a question about safety. Statistics show that the counties that voted for Gore in the 2000 election had more higher crime rates. Because they wanted more government funding and thought Gore would spend on them while Bush wouldn't? Maybe. But the irony is it becomes a good map of where is safe and where is dangerous to live.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Jul 15 2004, 11:56 PM
Here's what I wrote on the other forum on May 1st:

"Cheney is the most frightening figure, and Powell in the unfortunate position of the only one we can all trust. This is why Powell has already been designated as absent next term. Bush is helpless (there are actually transcripts that bear this out) in the room with Cheney, Ashcroft, and Rumsfeld.

"If they try to suspend the elections, or override the result, it will be this trio that will tell Bush what to do, and Rice and Powell will be shown the door. The reasons for this are too many to recount here."

"What bothers me is that Bush has the money and the votes to win, and, traditionally, the way you throw an election like that, or steal it, can be seen in the elections of 1960 (theft by ballot manipulation); 1968 (assassination); 1972 (assassination attempt and "dirty tricks"); 1980 (purchased with Iran-Contra hostages & weapons & drugs); and 2000 (theft by ballot manipulation). This means that if they want Bush out, history will at least suggest to them a number of ways of doing it. If there is a major ter'rorist attack, as the Bush people suggest with no basis other than stark, raw fear (proving that the ter'rorists have won, by the way), Bush will find his own way to throw the election or postpone it."

Judge Bean

Bush will not permit nothing to happen between now and the election; something must act as a catalyst to prompt the public to embrace him as a leader in a national crisis. This is the only clear way he can win the election, and the terrorists know this, and will probably not attack for this very reason. They don't want him in power.

Kerry depends on everything going smoothly and calmly until November, because he also knows that Bush's only chance to win is a big crisis or catastrophe. Yet, after the election, if he has won, he will have little incentive to correct Bush's extremist programs. Only some of them are contrary to Kerry's own platform; "security" is a high priority for both parties. He wants to go down in history as the hero in a crisis, like JFK-- he wants to avoid the Clinton "legacy" problem, where you get erased from history like Eisenhower.

It appears as though both candidates desire a largescale "event" or crisis to show the need to have either one in the White House, Bush wanting one right away, Kerry needing to delay it a few months.

Just looking at the past record of the presidency since 1960, I must conclude that the future holds in store for us more war and heartache, more Constitutional crisis, and a more and more worthless presidency as an office:

* in 11 elections, there have been 9 presidents, two of them by succession, and only two reelected;

* four of the elections were questionable, the office gained by fraud, crime, or suppression of votes-- 1960, 1972, 1980, and 2000;

* six of the nine administrations were afflicted with major crises, primarily the Cuban, Vietnamese, Iranian, Iraqi, and Terrorist crises; war or the threat of war was abated only during the double terms of Reagan and Clinton;

* all of the presidents but for Carter underwent major crises or Constitutional crisis or scandal-- from the escapades and rigged election of JFK to the pardon of Nixon, and from the Iran-Contra and Savings & Loan scandals to the fake motives for war on Iraq, most of these crises and scandals concurrent with the major war crises in five administrations;

* Republicans, 24 years, Democrats 20-- the mess can't be blamed on either party, and neither party is innocent;

* the "cleanest" or "best" president we had was apparently Carter (1976-1981), who was hounded from office in order to make America "tall in the saddle again," to quote Reagan.

You remember Carter-- submarine officer, peanut farmer, Governor of Georgia, devout Christian, winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, builds houses for Habitat for Humanity, Camp David peace accords for the Middle East, refused to go to war with Iran...

Judge Bean

After tonight, we will have the rest of the story about what Kerry plans to do with the presidency. Last night, Edwards gave a good clue. For those of you who think that perhaps the Democrats will end the cycle of invasion and bombing, and posture of international belligerence:

Edwards also talked tough on the war in Iraq, promising that Kerry would ?strengthen and modernize our military.? He said a Democratic White House would double the military?s Special Forces and ?invest in the new equipment and technologies.?

?We will have one clear unmistakable message for al-Qaida and the rest of these terrorists: You cannot run. You cannot hide. And we will destroy you,? he said.

Criticizing Bush?s go-it-alone diplomatic policy, Edwards said Kerry would ?get NATO to help secure Iraq? and ?ensure that Iraq?s neighbors, like Syria and Iran, don?t stand in the way of a democratic Iraq.?

This, if you don't recognize it, is "war talk."

HackimerRob

But to be topical Paul, is this war talk against Americans people? Or against the terrorists? It sounds like they're making an effort to sound more pointed and accute when relating to the war on terror. Instead of making it an "IRAQI" war, it's a war on individuals. We'll see how that comes down when they use the patriot act. I think Titor said the other "leader" is the one that makes it go all wrong, I think, I'm too lazy to find out right now, cause I'm at work, but I'm fairly sure that's what he said.

Judge Bean

Titor's prophecies are scheduled according to the schedule of presidential elections; the behavior of presidents between our day and his are significant to the unfolding of events, which focus at the outset on the government turning on the people. 2004, the "Waco type" events begin; 2008, everyone must have chosen sides in a war that has reached its peak; 2012-- well, you get the picture. Even his time of origin, 2036, is an election year, and he started posting in 2000.

The approach to war, the belligerent attitude to other countries, the intent to continue with programs of "domestic intelligence" (which will include a new domestic spy agency or cabinet-level "intelligence Czar")-- this will continue with either party in office, and it inevitably leads to a crackdown on citizens' rights.

Americans think that they can throw lead around overseas and none of will ricochet.

Anoah

I watched coverage of Kerry's speech at the democratic convention on the BBC today. Jeez, if we are going to have a draft under any administration it would be his. I came to some of the same conclusions that you posted above Paul. It almost seems like this country is damned if we do and damned if we dont with this election. I will not be surprised in the least if things unfold as Titor said. Gosh what a downer. Time for some chocolate. :unsure: :huh:

Forum

This is my first post here, as I generally just like to lurk. The latest direction this thread has taken brought me to post, though.

The thought "What if it's not Bush, but Kerry, that leads us into this mess?" isn't really a new one for me. I'm not a Bush supporter by any means, so don't take me wrong on that account, but I generally like to look at something from all angles. I feel it helps me avoid the problem of not seeing the forest through all the trees.

With the political polarization that's occuring in the US right now, it's not difficult to believe that no matter who wins this election there will be roughly half the country that is upset over it. The politics of both Bush/Cheney and Kerry/Edwards are extremely divisive, and if you take into account what Titor said about using the voting maps, it becomes even more probable that the predictions are primed even if Kerry wins.

Generally the Democratic party 'strongholds' are in the large cities. The Republican/Bush supporters are already in the rural areas, and they're also generally the militant ones who already posess firearms. On top of that, I don't think there will be a massive exodus from the cities, as the people who live in the inner cities now are generally poorer and less capable of just dropping everything to move away. Add the thought that those who live in the inner cities already are the ones more likely to ask/tell the government that they want/need/deserve help and protection, and you have a situation similar to the one layed out by Titor where the cities lock down against the threats from the suburbs/rural areas.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by Forum@Aug 1 2004, 05:12 PM
This is my first post here, as I generally just like to lurk. The latest direction this thread has taken brought me to post, though.

The thought \"What if it's not Bush, but Kerry, that leads us into this mess?\" isn't really a new one for me. I'm not a Bush supporter by any means, so don't take me wrong on that account, but I generally like to look at something from all angles. I feel it helps me avoid the problem of not seeing the forest through all the trees.

With the political polarization that's occuring in the US right now, it's not difficult to believe that no matter who wins this election there will be roughly half the country that is upset over it. The politics of both Bush/Cheney and Kerry/Edwards are extremely divisive, and if you take into account what Titor said about using the voting maps, it becomes even more probable that the predictions are primed even if Kerry wins.

Generally the Democratic party 'strongholds' are in the large cities. The Republican/Bush supporters are already in the rural areas, and they're also generally the militant ones who already posess firearms. On top of that, I don't think there will be a massive exodus from the cities, as the people who live in the inner cities now are generally poorer and less capable of just dropping everything to move away. Add the thought that those who live in the inner cities already are the ones more likely to ask/tell the government that they want/need/deserve help and protection, and you have a situation similar to the one layed out by Titor where the cities lock down against the threats from the suburbs/rural areas.

This really is the problem, isn't it? The Titor civil war pits the wealthy urban class against the rest of the country-- it's actually a class war, and a revolution. Yet the rural and smalltown class of folks is the one that seems at present to be strongly pro-government.

American society needs to be turned upside down in order to fulfill the major part of the Titor prehistory. Well, after all, that's sort of what a revolution is anyway, isn't it?

StarLord

I wouldn't be too fast to discount the folks in large cities with guns. We are forgetting that if something goes down that disrupts business as usual for them they are going to be none to happy and suddenly you are going to have a very serious uprising as some are better equiped than the local constabulary.