minuteman project and Waco type events thread

Judge Bean

Originally posted by Smooth-Operator@Nov 11 2004, 12:02 AM
Not technically a \"tank,\" maybe, but, then again, not exactly what you'd call a \"nonlethal weapon\" or billyclub.

I wouldn't have known the difference.

And no, not a Billyclub- that's for sure.

:ninja: :ninja:

If you're standing directly in front of it and it's aimed at you, there's no difference.

Smooth-Operator

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon+Nov 10 2004, 06:08 PM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Smooth-Operator@Nov 11 2004, 12:02 AM
Not technically a "tank," maybe, but, then again, not exactly what you'd call a "nonlethal weapon" or billyclub.

I wouldn't have known the difference.

And no, not a Billyclub- that's for sure.

:ninja: :ninja:

If you're standing directly in front of it and it's aimed at you, there's no difference.
[snapback]14817[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

I hope everyone passes this on to all their friends, neighbors, etc...

@);- @);-

StarLord

It will be very interesting to see how they put the spin on this one.

Darkwolf

Good question star, I don't know how much spin will be needed, the vehicles didn't DO anything, so I don't think anyone can claim civil rights violation. Pretty clear intimidation though.

Smooth-Operator

Originally posted by Darkwolf@Nov 10 2004, 06:19 PM
Good question star, I don't know how much spin will be needed, the vehicles didn't DO anything, so I don't think anyone can claim civil rights violation. Pretty clear intimidation though.
Not just that but sites are evaporating where you can find info.

Here's another one tho. http://liberalamerican.org/blog/

More piccies, catch 'em while you can.

@);- ~ Smooth ~ @);-

Darkwolf

Thats kind of frightening, I'll watch the news tonight and see if anything got out.

Judge Bean

Let me guess: Sure, we used a couple of tanks, just a show of force. We didn't shut anybody up; it's not like we let off a few rounds to show 'em who's boss.

"They've got more rights than they know what to do with as it is." --actual quote from a prosecutor.

Darkwolf

What concerns me is that the military is taking a role in police matters, apperently withoug being asked. Most of what I read indicated that the cops were as shocked as everyone else was, and were looking at the tanks like "what are those idiots doing?"

Also, I'm not sure, but on none of those pictures was any unit marking or vecicle dezignation visable on those bradleys.

August

BRADLEY M2 / M3 TRACKED ARMOURED FIGHTING VEHICLES, USA
The Bradley Fighting Vehicle System is manufactured by United Defence Limited Partnership (UDLP) and includes the M2 Infantry Fighting Vehicle and the M3 Cavalry Fighting Vehicle. It is in service with the armies of the USA and Saudi Arabia. Since 1981, 6,720 vehicles of both types have been fielded.

The role of the M2 Infantry Fighting Vehicle is to transport infantry on the battlefield, to provide fire cover to dismounted troops and to suppress enemy tanks and fighting vehicles. The M2 carries three crew, commander, gunner and driver, plus six fully equipped infantry men. The M3 performs scout missions and carries three crew plus two scouts.

treads. did they have to have treads? even the riot police know better. A friend of mine who served in Germany in the early 1990s said the thing about America that is great is that you never hear the earthquake created by motorized treads. oh well. don't look for this story on CNN until they realize how many advertising dollars it is worth...