Debate Multi Lingual Advantages

HDRKID

I believe that multi lingual advantages are many. For example, you can often communicate with people of other cultures and groups. OK, so case in point, I knew a man who was Greek and he did not know English, but both of us know Italian, as a result he told me a bunch of stuff I never saw in the history books, like Italy took over greece. The axis forced him to learn Italian and as a result he was able to have opportunities he had not considered before.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/18/o...E-FB-SM-LIN-WBA-0301812-NYT-NA&WT.mc_ev=click

I believe that if humans were to learn alien languages, which are quite different from our own... we would see our universe in a new way.

TimeFlipper

If aliens are so clever, why dont they send us an app of their languages? ::LOL:::D

Voyageur

I believe that they use telepathy. And if they would come here they would not have problems to learn our language. Some of them has already came here, but rather they use telepathy because it is easier way to express their ideology and the meaning of their answer. You know, before you can read the text, even it is in english, you need to have some Basic understanding of the subject if you want to get the point of the text. Similar way, even they could use english, you need to get close enough to their world, their mind, their ways of seeing the world before you could get their points. And I see telepathy is a good way to go there :)

TimeFlipper

Ok .but now i beg the question that if aliens are really smart, why wouldnt they have a sort of telepathy implant with a universal language system built into their brains?...a bit like DrWho`s tardis has :D

Voyageur

Maybe they has, and they can understand every lifeform's communications, but we do not understand them? And maybe they do not want to make contact even they could make us understand them? There are many reasons why they do not want to make open contact, but I believe they could understand our language and could imitate it in a way we could get their information.

Do you believe that extraterrestrials are able to communicate each other?

TimeFlipper

Maybe they has, and they can understand every lifeform's communications, but we do not understand them? And maybe they do not want to make contact even they could make us understand them? There are many reasons why they do not want to make open contact, but I believe they could understand our language and could imitate it in a way we could get their information.

Most definitely...and us.

Voyageur

Most definitely...and us.
The one who thinks it is not possible, underestimate their skills pretty widely :D

But nevertheless, they might have their own languages as well. It would be fun to speak some sort of alien language :D