Mysterious Light on Ceres

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I think this is exciting. Is NASA actually admitting they found signs of life? Are there aliens living under the ground on that dwarf planet, or is another species studying us from a distance by placing bases on the dwarf planet? They must know we have a probe out there.

Thoughts?

TnWatchdog

Our probe may soon be violating the personal space of the inhabitants of Ceres and may become vaporized...time will tell. I have never heard of this planet but I'm sure there is a lot that NASA isn't telling us anyway. Maybe this is the prelude to a full alien disclosure from NASA or 'blame it on the aliens' for whatever happens here on Earth by the control freaks in charge. Keep us posted on any developments.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
"Ceres is the largest object in the asteroid belt, which lies between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter."

So, it is in our solar system.

CDS

Num7

Administrator
Staff
The surface of this object must be pretty cold, right? Does it make sense that a volcano shows up like that?

How do we know if the bright spot is on top of a mountain, or at the bottom of a crater?

I'm really curious to know what it is.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
The surface of this object must be pretty cold, right? Does it make sense that a volcano shows up like that?

How do we know if the bright spot is on top of a mountain, or at the bottom of a crater?

They think it's IN a crater. I suppose ice would be possible. It's not as exciting as aliens, though.

Khaos

where the wild things are

There could be cryo-volcanic activity on the surface. But I doubt its water, the way the lights are, it doesn't reflect like water would. Its a light source. Why is there a light source on a dwarf planet, in the asteroid belt, in a cold region of space?

Why would we even go to Ceres for in the first place? There are plenty of other dwarf planets to visit, and we pick Ceres? Something tells me that they knew about this before they released it.

Its like that Rosetta comet probe. Find it curious how ESA detected a radio signal coming from the comet 20 years ago, and then NASA launches a spacecraft that takes 10 years to get to said comet. Yeah...