Naked Gun Reboot Starring...

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Liam Neeson!

According to Deadline, Neeson comitted to staring in the role after being approached by MacFarlane, who he worked with on other films like Ted 2, The Orville, and A Million Ways To Die In The West. At the time, the Taken actor was thinking about retiring from acting, telling People, "It'll either finish my career or bring it in another direction. I honestly don't know."
1709341160780.png

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I agree. They've been creatively bankrupt for what, 10 years? 15? Of course, the pandemy didn't help, but there's no excuse. Good ideas and creative people didn't suddenly cease to exist...

Studios don't want to take risks so they redo what worked in the past. I mean, Holy Jeez, they're even doing a sequel to Twister. :fp: Dont get me wrong, the original is awesome, with Bill Paxton and his red Dodge Ram. It was great. But the new one feels like yet another cheap casual copy right off the production line.

Wind7

Staff
They re-Booted Mary Poppins, man. :oops:

....And they have once again, re-booted Willy Wonka (??)
They are well and truly without any new ideas, it seems.

Wind7

Staff
Liam Neeson!

According to Deadline, Neeson comitted to staring in the role after being approached by MacFarlane, who he worked with on other films like Ted 2, The Orville, and A Million Ways To Die In The West. At the time, the Taken actor was thinking about retiring from acting, telling People, "It'll either finish my career or bring it in another direction. I honestly don't know."
View attachment 17970

Have you seen Liam Neeson in Cold Pursuit?

cold pursuit - Google Search

I didn't know until recently that, it was a Re-Boot of this film,

I just don't know if Liam can pull off the Frank Drebin character.
Leslie Nielsen was a class act.

But, I will see the movie just because I'm a Neeson fan.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Have you seen Liam Neeson in Cold Pursuit?

cold pursuit - Google Search

I didn't know until recently that, it was a Re-Boot of this film,

I just don't know if Liam can pull off the Frank Drebin character.
Leslie Nielsen was a class act.

But, I will see the movie just because I'm a Neeson fan.

I also love Neeson, but I've never seen him do comedy. They should have used Steve Martin.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I remember that he was in A million ways to die in the west, but I can't recall if his character was funny...