Native American Stories Of Giants

Harte

There are many legends and stories in Native American Culture. The first people of this land had always encountered different beings. The little people, omens, spirits and more.

Probably ought to link to a legitimate Native Folklore website if you want to make this point.

But I suppose then you'd have to say that, besides all the giants, there were also talking coyotes and spiders.

Harte

Wind7

Staff
There are many legends and stories in Native American Culture. The first people of this land had always encountered different beings. The little people, omens, spirits and more.

Thank you for this.

In my life's travels,
I have found some very wise people within the Native American Culture
and they taught me much about the spiritual and also of that which pertains to life.

Not as we are shown by media or the latest greatest (insert trend here)
but how we are...Or can truly be. They have a depth I had never witnessed ever before in my life.

Some things go well above the blatantly known.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I know we struggle to find evidence of "giants", but perhaps they found very tall beings and the story became exaggerated as it was passed on.
As I said before, we sort of consider the rare 7 ft tall human a giant. I personally believe that because giants are mentioned in many cultures in the past, it must mean something. It has significance.

Harte

I know we struggle to find evidence of "giants", but perhaps they found very tall beings and the story became exaggerated as it was passed on.
As I said before, we sort of consider the rare 7 ft tall human a giant. I personally believe that because giants are mentioned in many cultures in the past, it must mean something. It has significance.
They wouldn't even have to be "very" tall, just generally bigger, for this to be true.

Also, saying there were giants is an excuse for why you got your ass handed to you. No doubt there were multiple instances of this - including stories in the Bible.

Harte

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
They wouldn't even have to be "very" tall, just generally bigger, for this to be true.

Also, saying there were giants is an excuse for why you got your ass handed to you. No doubt there were multiple instances of this - including stories in the Bible.

Harte

You debunked one document. And I’m not the one who posted it. I am not offended if I lose a debate. And I am open to giving up my stance if I feel I have enough evidence. You did debunk this document’s contents, but I have not thrown in the towel on giants, yet. I would need to do a lot more studying before I did that. And for the record, I do totally agree that a “giant” may only be 1 foot taller than us. BUT… we need solid evidence. Bones. Real ones. Maybe one day….we have to dig deeper.

Harte

You debunked one document. And I’m not the one who posted it. I am not offended if I lose a debate. And I am open to giving up my stance if I feel I have enough evidence. You did debunk this document’s contents, but I have not thrown in the towel on giants, yet. I would need to do a lot more studying before I did that. And for the record, I do totally agree that a “giant” may only be 1 foot taller than us. BUT… we need solid evidence. Bones. Real ones. Maybe one day….we have to dig deeper.
I'm sort of agreeing with you.
But you wouldn't need to be a foot taller than us. People were shorter back then. Plus, just a big body frame could do the trick with not much extra height.

I've not mentioned that the Greek "Gigantes" - which is where the "giant" translation comes from in the Bible - didn't necessarily refer to creatures (or humanoids) of extraordinary size.

Harte

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I'm sort of agreeing with you.
But you wouldn't need to be a foot taller than us. People were shorter back then. Plus, just a big body frame could do the trick with not much extra height.

I've not mentioned that the Greek "Gigantes" - which is where the "giant" translation comes from in the Bible - didn't necessarily refer to creatures (or humanoids) of extraordinary size.

Harte

True. Humans were much shorter. Maybe it was just evolution in action and the taller people started emerging.