Nazi Coin From 2039 In Mexico Sparks Bizarre Theories

Wind7

Staff
I don't think a coin expert would be much help here. When a expert analyzes a coin, they compare it to a genuine coin and examine the subject coin for signs of forgery. For example, a forged coin might be a slightly different color because it uses a different alloy than the real coin. Or maybe the thickness or the weight is wrong, because a different material was used or there is a "filler" material inside of it (even if the outside is the right metal.) Some coins have micro-engraving that might be missing on a forged coin, because that's hard to replicate.

But all of this depends on having a genuine coin to compare it to. This is, apparently, a one-of-a-kind coin - and unless John Titor starts driving Uber, there's no way to hop over to that parallel dimension and get a real one. What makes it a "coin" and not just a hunk of metal is that it has certain verifiable features that make it legal tender. But you can't know if that's the case here because there is no control sample to compare it to.

When coins are produced at The Mint, they're produced with certain and very strict percentages
of the metals used to produce them and they are all held to that procedure.

All that would be needed is scrapings from said coin to tell a forgery from a reality.

If the metals are all solid but NOT on the books,
it would be proof enough to tell it was a one-off kind of coin.

However, that alone would still not prove it was from the future,
but quite possibly a brilliantly made forgery.

It all would depend on the metallic ingredient(s) found.

As for most forgery with coins...Some are ground in half and remade into a fake.
People have done this in the past making some of the first Two-Headed coins.

How Are Two-Headed Coins Made? Two-headed coins are made by taking two identical coins of the same denomination and machining them to approximately half the thickness of the original coin. The two halves are then fused together by either welding or soldering the two halves together. (Jul 14, 2022)

Source: This Is the Value of Double-Headed Quarter or Two-Tailed Coins.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Analyzing it would make sense, but the most likely scenario in a case like this is that the person who found the coin is the hoaxer. Kind of like that guy who found a "mummified alien" last year. Even though he was a known hoaxer who had been caught before, it still got press because that's just how that works.

IMHO, "most likely" is an assumption. If he was a KNOWN hoaxer, I'd understand, but if we assume everything we see that is different is a hoax without investigating, we're going to miss out on a lot of cool stuff on this planet.

Thelema

When coins are produced at The Mint, they're produced with certain and very strict percentages
of the metals used to produce them and they are all held to that procedure.

All that would be needed is scrapings from said coin to tell a forgery from a reality.

Well, sure, but how do we know what an alternate universe 2039 Nazi mint uses for their genuine coins?

Thelema

IMHO, "most likely" is an assumption. If he was a KNOWN hoaxer, I'd understand, but if we assume everything we see that is different is a hoax without investigating, we're going to miss out on a lot of cool stuff on this planet.

I'm not saying that exactly. It should still be investigated. But with the information I have right now, I'm presented with basically two options:

1. A coin, and apparently just one single coin, has traveled through time and across dimensions for no clear reason. Presumably, there's a Nazi one timeline over looking diligently under his sofa.

2. Someone is pulling a hoax.

All I'm saying is that one seems more likely than the other.

Wind7

Staff
Well, sure, but how do we know what an alternate universe 2039 Nazi mint uses for their genuine coins?
You should've copied my whole post.

You missed the main point.

It all would depend on the metallic ingredient(s) found.
What if the metal ingredient doesn't match anything currently in existence?

;)

Last edited:

Thelema

What if the metal ingredient doesn't match anything currently in existence?

If you mean "it doesn't match any metal currently used for coins" then it doesn't tell us anything really. Maybe it's a knock off coin someone made in their basement with whatever they had on hand, or maybe that's just what 2039-era Nazis use for their coins.

If you mean "it doesn't match any element that we have discovered" then that would be even more interesting. We have a good idea of what metals exist because the periodic table is the periodic table. Of course, we have synthesized elements not found in nature. There are probably more elements to be synthesized, but these tend to be unstable (with a half-life often measured in milliseconds), radioactive, and incredibly expensive to create. They are synthesized per-atom and have not been synthesized in great enough quanitites to see with the naked eye. If someone took one of these superheavy synthesized elements and MADE A COIN OUT OF IT I would probably be more interested in that than the time travel aspect. lol