New NASA pic of what looks like old ruins on Mars

iknowitall

What do you think? Is this an old ruin from an ancient civilization?
BylPGwBIcAAxQii.jpg

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
It's definitely odd, but way too small to be ruins. Here's another photo which shows the rover in the shot - Whatever the artifact is is very small:

NLB_464342215EDR_F0421020NCAM00282M_.JPG

Judastitor

I would say that's a left hand glove based on the shadow of the thumb. Perhaps it was ejected into space accidentally, or the Ruskies failed during a previous attempt to establish a base.

Ayasano

Assuming it's not an outright hoax, it's entirely possibly it's a natural structure. Nature can come up with some pretty crazy shapes, like areas made up of basalt columns that look like something out of Minecraft.

Khaos

where the wild things are
There was a ball on mars too. Some say it might be the golfball that an astronaut launched off the moon a few decades ago during one of the landings.

Curiosity finds a smooth ball on Mars | Science! | Geek.com

If you look at the ball in that article and take a look at this artifact in this image. Similarity is striking. Yes wind and water erosion can cause spectacular structures with stone, and pareidolia can play a great role in what the human mind conceives ordinary structures to be but I've looked at raw images of the curiosity rover in the past and I've seen things that stand out...

Like this one photo where there was this giant boulder and there were rocks on top of it. And the rocks look like they were placed there, they were separate from the boulder itself. Yeah a meteorite could have exploded overhead and the rocks landed on the boulder, but what are the odds of that happening?

I have also seen rocks that look distinctively like fossils of animals/creatures too. And its clear, you make out wings, a head, beak, fins, etc.