NEw thorey of the solar system

titorite

So I heard this kinda quacky theory that planetary orbit is a false hood and that the sun is actully dragging the planets as it itself moves through the vacuum of weightless space only influenced by its own gravity as it exerts that big mamajama gravitational infulence over it's system.

This is closer to truth

As the solar system moves.... we are dragged... not orbiting. Not in the sense that a satellite orbits earth. On the larger grander scale the motion is more of a vortex rather than an orbit. As I wrap my head around this it seems to follow Newtonian laws better than the idea of perfectly circular orbit. The sun is not static in its portion of space.

THis is kind of like a galeio theory.... We were seeing ourselves as the center still... but rather... we follow the sun and its intense pull as it travels through to where ever.

I think about how we started. as a cloud of gaseous matter.. I giganto cloud.. like the nebulars we observe.... this gigantic mass of gas flowing through weightless space all in the same general direction with atoms bounce off one anothers creating reactions forming a head...makings a tail....more reactions creating a bigger head and longer tail till one day too many reactions in on place in the gas cloud form the explosion that becomes our sun.... Our sun ignights in a sphere sending force out in a sphere... as the whole blob still continues onward. The back half gets blown off... the front half losses so much gas and matter leaving rocks that will follow the new formed stars (the sun) path through space.

Like a comet draging its tail like shoemaker-levy 9 draged all its smaller bits...

And if these fragments spin they create their own gravitiys like earth. Maybe we only see one side of luna because Luna follows us like we might follow the sun.

It is a very big billards game with no gravity but that of the spin of the balls in play...

Maybe the sun does move and we follow.....

This theroy also fits in with another fringe theory.... Expanding planets....

If we are spinning like every others body... and just following the sun...our own spin and every other bodys own spin would always be accelerating toward the outer. In space... we get bigger as we spin.

Thoughts?

Harte

This is not a "new theory" of the Solar System.

It is the established fact of the Solar System, long known nowadays.

That is, it was first discovered almost a hundred years ago.

The only reson it may seem different to you is that it chooses a reference frame for viewing the Solar System that is not the usual perspective from which we view it when we think of it.

Harte

titorite

This is not a "new theory" of the Solar System.

It is the established fact of the Solar System, long known nowadays.

That is, it was first discovered almost a hundred years ago.

The only reson it may seem different to you is that it chooses a reference frame for viewing the Solar System that is not the usual perspective from which we view it when we think of it.

Harte

Well harte... you saw the animation above yes?

That is not what I was taught in school.

That animation makes alot of sense in a variety of ways even if the the apogees are very different...

What I was tought in US public schools was this

Which no longer makes as much sense to me if the sun is igniting in a motile 3 dimensional space. ...

Given the newer date(new to me at least) I'd be surprised if even two planets orbited along the same plain...

Harte

The Sun moves through space.

The planets move with the Sun (of course.)

What a discovery!! :eek:

Harte

titorite

I don't think you get Harte. Some where between you and me their seems to be a failure to communicate.

titorite

The Sun moves through space.

The planets move with the Sun (of course.)

It is how they move that was of context.

Does the solar system move in a lateral plain with the outter planetary orbits reaching their space first before the sun follows through the same (relative) space.

OR

Is the orbiting planets more of a vortex or sine wave with the sun reaching every destination first and the planets following along?

Do you follow my thoughts now by the solar system movements?

Harte

The planets follow elliptical orbits around the Sun.

This assumes a reference frame involving a motionless Sun (IOW, you are moving along with the Sun through the galaxy.)

The Sun moves, however.

So if you choose a reference frame outside the solar system, with a moving Sun, you can describe the motion of the planets as helical. In this case, you are motionless at the galactic core, observing the motion of the stars in the galaxy itself as they oribit (again, elliptically) around the galactic core.

Obviously, the galaxy moves as well.

So if you choose a reference frame outside the galaxy, with the galaxy's motion considered, you can describe the motion of the planets as a helix that coils around on itself in another helix, like a helical rope (the rope is the paths of the planets) that is in a coil (the coil is the motion of the Sun around the galaxy) that is shaped like a spring (the galaxy moving through space.) This last observation would require you to be at the center of gravity of the Local Group of galaxies, observing the Milky Way as it orbits together with the Local Group of galaxies.

Because there is no such thing as absolute motion, that is, there's always another reference frame you can observe from (there's no "still spot" in the universe,) this mental exercise can theoretically be continued ad infinitum.

The reason I said that this "discovery" is a century old is that it was about that long ago that it was discovered that the Solar System exists within a rotating elliptical galaxy.

Regarding your question, it depends entirely on the orientation of the Sun's axis of rotation with that of the galactic axis of rotation. Not being an astronomer, I don't know this offhand. However, I'm certain you can find out if you actually want to know. Surely you can google this up.

If the Sun's axis is parallel with the Sun's motion around the galaxy, then your sinusoidal helix would be the answer.

If the Sun's axis is perpendicular to the Sun's motion around the galaxy, then you have a flat helix, like a curlicue (ever use a "spirograph" toy?) to describe planetary motion.

If the Sun's axis is somewhere in between these two examples, you have a complicated series of planetary paths to consider.

Harte

titorite

Expansion on this:

Out in the vacuum of space the celestial bodies are only affected by the gravity and magnetism they exert on themselves and each other.

When our solar system was a yet unformed cloud spinning like a nebula the particles became more and more condensed and superheated will we had our ignition of the sun.
This ignition blew much of the cloud away but parts of it still continued to accrue mass and matter , hardening and cooling and condensing as these little balls of rock and gas followed the gravitational pull of the sun pulling the remains of the cloud into each individual body of our 9 (or 8) planets.

This understanding also fits in well with the idea of expanding earth/ expanding planets.
Each cue ball planet in space has it's own spinning gravity. Each one is being pulled while simultaneously spinning its own mass outward. Imagine making a pizza crust. The more you spin it the more is expands. But it is subject to the gravity of earth. Now take a ball the size of the earth and put it into spin and it will still be subject to inertia only instead of expanding flatly it is gonna expand spherically in all directions at once.

This doesn't just apply to earth but all celestial bodies of sufficient mass including mars:

Our inner cores are super heated pushing out pressure in all directions while the whole of the body is in a massive spin thus expanding as they follow the gravitational pull of the sun as the solar system obeys to the spinning pull of our galactic core.

This is a proper cosmological model. IMHO.

Harte

This understanding also fits in well with the idea of expanding earth/ expanding planets.
Each cue ball planet in space has it's own spinning gravity. Each one is being pulled while simultaneously spinning its own mass outward. Imagine making a pizza crust. The more you spin it the more is expands. But it is subject to the gravity of earth. Now take a ball the size of the earth and put it into spin and it will still be subject to inertia only instead of expanding flatly it is gonna expand spherically in all directions at once.
No, it will expand perpendicular to the axis of rotation, and contract along that same axis, exactly as has been measured regarding the Earth's radius, which is greatest at the equator and least at the poles.

Harte

titorite

Maybe if it were spinning perfectly on its axis but the earth doesn't spin perfectly on its axis, it wobbles. Hence seasons. It's like a gyroscope in space always tilting , literally throwing it's massive weight around. The insides expand out outward always... Thats why we have been able to observe that massive earth like planet in kepler 10 c. This planet will continue to expand unless its core should cool and its spin cease.