NEw thorey of the solar system

Harte

The axis wobbles, but the spin does not.
So what I said certainly stands.

Also, seasons are not caused by any wobble. They are caused by the orientation of the Earth's axis not being parallel to the axis of its orbit around the Sun. It causes the Northern and Southern hemispheres to alternately receive less sunlight for half the year, and more for the other half, than they would were the Earth's spin axis parallel to its orbital axis.

Harte

titorite

Oh wow.... YOu can't do it... Heart, spend some more time with geometry .... or something. You can do it if you try. 3 dimensions all active In the absence of gravity. You have to use your imagination a bit but to so logically. See the spin of the earth in your minds eyes, remeber what a gyroscope looks like on earth subject to the pull of gravity then remove that restriction. Think 3 dimensionally on a larger scale were the only pull of gravity is the gyro itself and its loose contents inside if it were to have watery sand inside surrounded by an elastic skin.

Harte

Dude, I'm a Geometry teacher. I also teach Physics, and I left a career that stemmed from Mechanical Engineering to do it.

I know what I'm talking about here.

Harte

titorite

With those creds it is amazing that you DONT.

OK

So the inside of earth has an impolsion explosion effect going on no? All the gravity is pulling the deeper magma in gasifiying with still more heat ppressures expanding outward as the matter condenses. This is pushing the outer laywers further outward. Making us bigger and bigger over geological spans of time. The moon, our moon, is also an active player in the push pull relationship as it spins and pulls and follows the larger block just like all the rest of the planets.

Spinning and wobbling and following and like a gryo in space with heated fiberous core

The earth does not subduct, it expands.

We do not orbit in front of the sun but around it. following... Just like the rings of jupitor, sature uranus and neptune. Following but never sucked into.

Harte

OK

So the inside of earth has an impolsion explosion effect going on no?
No.

The interior of the Earth is currently at an equilibrium, and has been for several billion years. The Earth, far from expanding, is actually contracting, though not so much as you'd notice.

Harte

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

OK

No.

The interior of the Earth is currently at an equilibrium, and has been for several billion years. The Earth, far from expanding, is actually contracting, though not so much as you'd notice.

Harte

Silly question - is it safe to say that the earth's core is cooling?

Harte

OK

No.

Harte

Silly question - is it safe to say that the earth's core is cooling?
No, it's not safe because it's not actually known.

Heat is generated in the Earth's interior by radioactive minerals as well as friction. The friction would dissipate the Earth's interior kinetic energy though, meaning the circulation happening inside would slow, causing more shrinkage.

It's not known if that is actually happening because it's not known how much of the heat is due to radioactive decay.

But I'm sure you can find estimates for these rates - educated guesses out there.

Harte