No bullshit - I am from 2039 and I'm here to help you

Ayasano

Uh... dude... UN and media? Seriously? :ROFLMAO:

Any relevent organization will do, those were just two worldwide examples who would have the most impact, unlike, say, the US, which has a (relatively) small influence on international politics. If you wanted to prevent the Fukushima disaster would you talk to us or the Japanese government?

If we have such a small impact on international politics, why does everyone overseas political wise get pissy with us and start running at us with stone tipped spears and torches? If we don't have such a big influence, wouldn't people treat us like North Korea? Roll their eyes and laugh.

I did say "relatively". North Korea has an absolutely tiny influence on international politics, although it's getting bigger because of their nuclear and space programs. (Incidentally, most people in the international community do roll their eyes and laugh at the "silly americans". You have no idea how much crap I get for being friends with you guys)

Harte

(Incidentally, most people in the international community do roll their eyes and laugh at the "silly americans".
It's a compensation technique.

Compensation for nations that are completely and utterly dependant on the US for their very existence.

Harte

Ayasano

(Incidentally, most people in the international community do roll their eyes and laugh at the "silly americans".
It's a compensation technique.

Compensation for nations that are completely and utterly dependant on the US for their very existence.

Harte

The vast majority of nations are dependant on other nations for their existence, the US included. That's how globalization works. For example, without importing oil, the US would basically collapse, as oil is used in pretty much everything, even if it's just the plastic it gets packaged in.

Khaos

where the wild things are
Any relevent organization will do, those were just two worldwide examples who would have the most impact, unlike, say, the US, which has a (relatively) small influence on international politics. If you wanted to prevent the Fukushima disaster would you talk to us or the Japanese government?

If we have such a small impact on international politics, why does everyone overseas political wise get pissy with us and start running at us with stone tipped spears and torches? If we don't have such a big influence, wouldn't people treat us like North Korea? Roll their eyes and laugh.

I did say "relatively". North Korea has an absolutely tiny influence on international politics, although it's getting bigger because of their nuclear and space programs. (Incidentally, most people in the international community do roll their eyes and laugh at the "silly americans". You have no idea how much crap I get for being friends with you guys)

I don't doubt that. But what I do find ironic about international politics. Whenever something goes wrong, you're always begging for our help. Look at Iraq as of late. Oh yeah when the Japanese had their reactor meltdown and tsunami, who did they call first? They called us. And we gotta talk about WWII. The soviets did a huge part of the entire war. But who ended it? Us.

Two nuclear bombs dropped on the Japanese and then suddenly the war ends...

As much as the international community hates us, they always need us...

A good friend of mine has this quote when it comes to international politics-

Hate us when we're there, need us when we're gone

:p

lapis blue

In my personal opinion, providing winning lottery numbers; showing up at the UN or going to the media and announcing you’re a Time Traveler and have the proof to back up your claim, could have unintended consequences.

The UN is located in the US. How long do you think it would take the FBI, CIA, DoD, etc. to seize that time traveler and commandeer his/her miraculous machine—once he exited the UN? How would the other influential nations of the world react to this seizure?

Again, in my opinion, TTs have a tremendous responsibility in how they interact within other world lines. Their interactions could hypothetically, have a direct consequence on the future of our world line.

Just a thought.

Ayasano

Two nuclear bombs dropped on the Japanese and then suddenly the war ends...

To be fair, the fallout (Haha) from that incident did almost result in the annihilation of the entire human race.

I wouldn't say we hate the US, we just don't like the way they think they're the only country on the planet and everyone else are savages that need to be tamed. As far as calling for aid, it makes sense because the US has a lot of resources that can be rapidly deployed. The US wasn't the only nation to help with Fukushima though, support came in from all over. Plus you had projects like Safecast. Aid isn't solely the providence of nations anymore, just like space became more accessible. Globalization is on the rise and the opportunities it presents are awesome. (In the proper sense of the word)

Ayasano

In my personal opinion, providing winning lottery numbers; showing up at the UN or going to the media and announcing you’re a Time Traveler and have the proof to back up your claim, could have unintended consequences.

The UN is located in the US. How long do you think it would take the FBI, CIA, DoD, etc. to seize that time traveler and commandeer his/her miraculous machine—once he exited the UN? How would the other influential nations of the world react to this seizure?

Again, in my opinion, TTs have a tremendous responsibility in how they interact within other world lines. Their interactions could hypothetically, have a direct consequence on the future of our world line.

Just a thought.

Well, I personally don't belive in the worldline theory, which makes the entire discussion moot because it means you can't change the known. (The unknown is fair game though, which can include interpretations of known events. Think Doctor Who and the Teselecta)

As far as unintended consequences go, so could showing up here. Butterfly effect. The only possible reason for someone to show up here saying they need to change a bad future is if one of us directly impacts it, and even then, why not contact them directly? It just doesn't make sense.