No bullshit - I am from 2039 and I'm here to help you

Michael Ford

Unless one of us specifically is instrumental in avoiding a bad future, why would you be posting here instead of, say, convincing the UN of your authenticity? There are far, far more powerful people who could enact an actual change. If you need the public at large to be aware, why not prove yourself to the media?
You think that's easy? Call UN, you wanna chat with the president? I just want to raise the awarness of danger of nuclear weapons in this few days I'll stay here. If any country (US or Russia) launches nukes, half of world population dies. Every family is halved. You press the button to launch the nuke, you halved your family. Russia nukes, US will nuke back AND it could be other way around. It could all end like Dr. Strangelove, but it won't be funny.

Einstein has a good point. How do you know if there is going to be a nuclear attack if you can't travel to the future?
Your future is my past. If you're talking about nuclear war not happening here beacuse of the divergence, that's also possible. The war migh not happen.

Michael Ford

Michael are you aware that the government of the US and its slaves actively change history *cough* 1984 style *cough*. As far as I have researched and based on (unbaised) character profiles, it is more likely the US nukes itself to start WW3. Just something to note, what is the main similarity between multiculturalism and communism? The answer is they both assume everyone is equal, but this assumption is not real. This creates friction and destroys a country from within, thus allowing for a civil war to initiate martial law, thus again allowing for the US to easily bomb itself while everyone is distracted. Much the same way the Nazis took over Germany after the friction from WW1, thus allowing for WW2.

I do have some questions:
How does the machine initiate and stabilse the connection to other Worldline ?
How does the machine vent the harmful rays?
How many singularities and celsium clocks does it have?
How exactly are the electron guns configured and how much energy does the containment system use when active?
Describe the events during and leading up to WW3?
In particular, do any nuclear weapons get detonated on the blue mountains near Sydney?
During your 80 year jumps,how much divergence is created before the unit breaks away?
Are you aware of the dangers of a one world government in your time or shortly after? (I'm talking about the UN.)
I don't know how to answer that question.
There is a device left of the console and there is the little device which scans if there is something wrong.
6 celsium clocks
I don't know everything.
Russia fires nukes at America, America strikes back.
I don't know, I was a kid when it happened and I couldn't just look it up.
I think that divergence can be around 2, but since I travel only 30 years in past, divergence there is like 0.something...

Michael Ford

Michael,

Describe your time travel device in full detail.
In 2039, scientists made 10 time macines which were to be sold to civilans. They were expensive, but I managed to afford one. You don't have to be a scientist to use it. There is a simple console on which you set a date you want to go to. You can not always go anytime. You can also put coordinates for where to go. Civilan machines can only go 30 years to past and cannot go to future. After I travel in past, I cannot travel anywhere but back in my time. That was made to prevent problems in travel.

Well, looks like this is what it takes to get me out of lurker status.

Are you telling us that, as a 38 year old architect, you managed to have enough saved up to purchase one of only TEN time machines in the WORLD?

The average take-home for an architect is in the 70-80K a year range (2015 dollars). Adjusting for, I dunno, 5% inflation over 25 years you're looking at a 2039 take-home of about 186-213K per year.

Sounds legit. You must be a really good architect.
Yeah, that sounds crazy, but my father left me a lot of money, he was kinda rich. I also had a rich friend who died and he left me some money, too...

Michael Ford

Well, looks like this is what it takes to get me out of lurker status.

Are you telling us that, as a 38 year old architect, you managed to have enough saved up to purchase one of only TEN time machines in the WORLD?

The average take-home for an architect is in the 70-80K a year range (2015 dollars). Adjusting for, I dunno, 5% inflation over 25 years you're looking at a 2039 take-home of about 186-213K per year.

Sounds legit. You must be a really good architect.
Sounds like a plan but you did not consider his parents or family are rich.
Otherwise possibility of rent. Skeptical approach is the best tool for rational analysis but needs compliment.

I did consider it, but dismissed it.

1. Scientists create ONLY 10 time machines; presumably the only ones in existence
  2. Scientists say "Eh, fuck it. Let's put them on eBay and see who bids"
  3. Mr. Brady here somehow has enough cash to outbid the other 9 billion people on the planet
  4. No country's government cares about this

Even if this guy is Bill Gate's secret love child, there is zero chance that these supposed time machines aren't snatched up by leading world powers.

It's not skepticism if it's common sense.
Half of the world is wiped out. Food is poisoned. You really think someone would give 10 million dollars for a time machine in which a lot of people don't even believe?

Michael Ford

I did consider it, but dismissed it.

1. Scientists create ONLY 10 time machines; presumably the only ones in existence
  2. Scientists say "Eh, fuck it. Let's put them on eBay and see who bids"
  3. Mr. Brady here somehow has enough cash to outbid the other 9 billion people on the planet
  4. No country's government cares about this

Even if this guy is Bill Gate's secret love child, there is zero chance that these supposed time machines aren't snatched up by leading world powers.

It's not skepticism if it's common sense.

As if they'd even be made public in the first place. Someone would swoop in and black everything out.

I wonder why governments have to take care of this if there are no side-effects.
It can not change their past so their timeline is stable.
Which means it belongs to sightseeing or travel for now.
That's right. I don't know why's it so hard to believe, even John Titor said the scientists are planning on mass producing machines one day.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
With all due respect, we are asking for photos of your device and technical details about how it works.
You haven't explained how you know a nuclear war is coming if you cannot travel into the future.

You see, Titor didn't just post randomly. He had an actual purpose. So, to be a Titor copy cat, you may want to think of a good, solid story ahead of time.
Besides, much of what he said was symbolic, almost like a parable. He wasn't just a bored young man bragging about his time travel abilities on a message board. He posted on a message board so someone specific would receive his information. Who? We don't know.

So, I'm sorry, Michael, but it's time to just confess. We'll forgive you and give you a "nice try", but that's about it.

walt willis

The people on this forum have been burned so often that they have become gun shy as well as disappointed and angry.

It may help to treat each new TT as being the real deal out of the gate as a way to give them enough rope to either swing or hang on their own merit.

John Titor was the first to make such a claim and was given the benefit of the doubt.
That act of kindness may be what is needed still today.

I hope that there are other TT out there that would like to have a warm social exchange with the folks on this forum.

First impressions happen only once and it would help to be welcoming.

If we believe that time travel is truly possible and that there may be others that have an interest in this issue, it would help to receive such claims with grace even if we think the reports are BS.

Most people of science do think that time travel may be possible, but not able to be achieved using our current level of technology.

I know for a fact that aliens are real, so that gives me a heads up on believing that stories of time being a relative part of the cosmos is real.

It is what we don't that may hurt us...