No bullshit - I am from 2039 and I'm here to help you

Harte

The people on this forum have been burned so often that they have become gun shy as well as disappointed and angry.

This is actually a good thing. But I haven't noticed any of it.

Maybe because there's not as many people here posting as time travellers as there used to be.

But you have to admit, there are still plenty of people here that believe Titor's garbage, right?

Harte

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Titor's story worked because he played it smart from the get-go and he was well researched.
The people on this forum have been burned so often that they have become gun shy as well as disappointed and angry.

This is actually a good thing. But I haven't noticed any of it.

Maybe because there's not as many people here posting as time travellers as there used to be.

But you have to admit, there are still plenty of people here that believe Titor's garbage, right?

Harte

You might expect that as the frequency of chrono-travelers decreases, the quality might also increase. Doesn't seem to be the case...

I disagree that it's because we've become jaded or pissy towards these kind of people. I honestly think it's just that you can only show up with your hands empty so many times before it's just plain boring.

Harte

Titor's story worked because he played it smart from the get-go and he was well researched.
I would agree. I would also add that the fact that he ceased posting helped him a lot.

I disagree that it's because we've become jaded or pissy towards these kind of people. I honestly think it's just that you can only show up with your hands empty so many times before it's just plain boring.
Well, the Titorites have died down a lot over the years, the craze has about run out. Thus you din't see as many copycats.

Now it's all about Ancient Aliens. There could be a time-travel fable in that.

Cue Eddie Pengaly.

Harte

walt willis

I wonder how this forum would treat a person like Immanuel Velikovsky?

He wrote a book called "Worlds in Collision" back in 1950.

It did rock the boat in the world of science.

Please don't be afraid to share your thoughts and then I will give you the rest of the story.

walt willis

As a matter of pure science I would like to know who here believes that time travel is a real possibility?

For those of you that answer no I have no further questions, but for the folks that believe it may be possible I would like to suggest that "IF" time travel is possible then you may want to consider that the people well into our future may have made that discovery and are visiting our time now.

To the absolute categorical thinking folks I would like to suggest they stop being a wet blanket to the open minded people.

I am looking for answers as to what I saw; and I am NOT looking to receive grief directed towards me or any other person willing to tell what they know.

Cynical comments or left handed compliments are highly offensive and tend to drive people away like others that may otherwise come forward with what they know.

I have observed just four people on this forum that may not be aware of the cost of their actions.

The other observation is that I have not heard from anyone else that has come into contact with being that are not human.

For this reason I will soon bid you all farewell.

Michael Ford

Hello. I come from 2039 and as you may have seen in John Titor's preductions, future looks bad, but I'm here to try and change it. I'm not like Titor. I will be happy to answer any questions to prove I'm from future and I need to get my message heard.
Okay, people, it has become clear to me that nothing I’ll say could convince you I’m from future, but maybe I shouldn’t be angry because when I imagine myself in 2014., I wouldn’t believe a ‘time traveler’ no matter what. I’ll be able to leave at Sunday and I’ll do so. Now I’ll reveal everything you could find interesting I know about time travel.
When the guy with The Walking Dead profile picture asked me do I believe in the worldline theory, I said I do, but I do not think it works like you may think. I could never believe that every good man is a bad man in another worldline because I’m a Christian. My friend once described me how he thinks worldlines function:
For every minute that has passed in the universe history there is a different worldline. During the first minute of the universe history there was one worldline:
@ (that’s the symbol I’ll use)
During the second minute of universe history, another worldline was created.
@@In the second, original worldline was 1:01 minutes in universe history and in the first there was 0:01. You get where I’m going? So he thinks that, when we time travel, we go to the worldline in which de desired time is happening now.
This is not a completely believable theory because that would mean that divergences are based on the worldline which has time travel and that is not only one worldline and some worldline can’t be divergent on two different ways.
Are there sets of worldlines with different divergences?
divergence 0.3 - @@@@@@
divergence 0.2 - @@@@@@
divergence 0.1 - @@@@@@
divergence 0.0 - @@@@@@ (of course, there are divergences between 0.1 and 0.2, this is simplistic)
My time machine is not like something from Back to the Future. It’s closer to TARDIS. It’s a big, white box with a tough door (you know, those doors on spaceships, no air can get through them). On the top of it is a shining cone which is connected to the power supply, a device on the right of the machine. On the left is an X-ray vent connected with a lot of big and smaller devices around the machine. There are also some things in the rear, connected with the console in the middle, which has a LOT of cables connected to it. There’s not very much space around, but there is enough to sleep if you would travel far in the past. There are also some sensors all around the top of the machine which scan the environment and help the machine blend in it. As I stated, you cannot always go anytime. It’s a wormhole thing, you gotta have the right wormhole to travel somewhere. When you travel to past, you must go back to your time. You do not return to the very moment when you set off. You return in the time where as much time has passed as that has passed for you on your travels (if you want to return to the very time you set off, you won’t return to your worldline – yours has moved on.
Maybe it’s smart to mention that these 10 machines aren’t the first ones ever produced – government had them before, but not everyone could’ve used them, just scientists when they need something from past.
These 10 models aren’t final models, they’re test models. Final models will look much better (not so much cables everywhere). I can only use this until the September of 2039 (it was June when I left off). I had to sign a contract and take full responsibility for everything that happens to me on my travels. Before that machine sets off for somewhere it sends a signal to the base saying when and where I go. It also sends a signal when you return. This is used to help people if they get stuck somewhere and to monitor them. Somewhere in 2040’s scientists plan on mass producing time machines.
I told you I’m here to warn you about the possibility of nuclear war and raise the awareness of the dangers that nuclear weapons bear. I pray to God that nuclear war doesn’t happen in this and many other worldlines.
I wouldn’t just mess around with stuff like nuclear war just to scare people. If you don’t believe me, that’s OK, but please, don’t post on this thread.