Debate Nobody believes you!

Justinian

I was going to reply to one of my other threads about a suspected hoax. But, then it got me thinking. What would you do, or how would you feel if you were the one being haunted by a malevolent spirit, you take all kinds of movies and pictures, but everyone thinks it's a hoax? I'd like to see what everyone else thinks would be a solution to this. Because I think you could invite people in and they would see it and still not believe. I mean there has to be cases like this were everyone thinks its a joke, but the families involved are just dumb founded that nobody believes it. I wonder how man stories out there that are assumed to be fake are actually real?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I suppose I'd find some place to talk about it on the Internet, like Paranormalis or another forum where I can possibly find friendly people to talk with. I'd likely start with that before talking about it in real life. You know, that moment when you check the Internet to find out if you are the only one?

Outside of the Internet, I'm sure I'd be able at some point to find someone to talk to about those weird things though. Depending what kind of phenomenon is affecting me, perhaps I can get other people to experience it. That would be the first step in order to have someone to completely believe me. I assume it would be much harder to have someone believe me if I'm completely unable to actually provide any kind of proof. I have no idea how many people feel that way.

Khaos

where the wild things are
Where there are believers, there are non believers. Its a fact of life. I don't really feel anything when someone doesn't believe in an experience I've had. They weren't there, so of course they are not going to believe in it. Even if they were there and experienced it with me, but still deny it, so what? I actually welcome people to debunk my experiences. If they can. I have a forum devoted to my experiences with the paranormal. I oughta make it my signature...

Though I am fortunate enough to have friends who believe in the paranormal, and even am friends with a few ghost hunters.

Justinian

But then again, what if it was a bad spirit causing harm to you or your family and you have no way to (financially) to move away? I mean you'd want help, but every time you bring in help, the spirit doesn't show itself. That would drive me crazy, literally.

HDRKID

Right now, in my house, there is the ghost of a little girl and you can hear foot steps late at night which is spooky and scary. OK so my neighbors told me it was ann. According to them, she is a little girl who hung herself in her room. She was being abused by her father who also killed her mom.

When she gets really annoying I will shout - STOPPIT ANN!
Then she will quit for about two weeks and start up again.

She does not do anything really bad, just slam doors, open windows, throw books down, and typical poltergeist activities which do not worry me. People have told me to sell the house and move. I do not think so.

BlastTyrant

Well i can answer this in 2 ways

One - If it was me as i am now? Then i would tell everyone because people are use to my Shenanigans and know past history of my haunting's to a point. Asking for help even for someone experienced in the field is difficult because their is literally very little help for the subject, it isn't like mice or termites you can just call a exterminator and get rid of them, Spirits are on a whole different ball park, and for people like me who aren't religious simply going to a priest or pastor and asking for a blessing wont necessarily work. But also in this day and age Ghost Hunting groups are a dime a dozen, granted unless they have their own priest or Holy person whatever the religion may be there isn't much they can do besides re-enforce the"Yep you're haunted, have a good day"

Two - If it wasn't me then well........I can't really say on how'd i react lol

Also if it was harming me or my family i would work with a Healer or Spiritual person " i know a few Wiccans and Indian holy men, and my mom is avid in the Mormon church" Believe you me, it would be gone whether it wants to or not, but for those who don't have the means such as i do then you would want to work as closely as you can with a church or tribe or whatever you believe in.

But their comes the case where nothing you can do or anyone can do will get rid of it. And the only option is to move or live in hell for the rest of your life.

Ya know and this is why i am going to be a Terror when i get my own house, the real estate person is going to despise me lol First i want to know the history of the house since it was built, then i want to know the Geological layout of the plot of land and then i want to know the history of the land that the house sits on.

Night Templar

Try doing 2 things: Finding a "professional ion the field" in dealing with the "paranormal/supernatural and 2, see another professional, for me, to help me deal with the emotional aspects of what I was having to deal with. Dealing with just mental illness, as I have seen, and feeling/being alone, I can only imagine from how it was described to me by patients, add something not even from this "world/dimension" and I can imagine a person taking just so much and who knows what one might do. I know I can't speculate how I might deal with it now.

Wee

I use to have pictures from a Halloween event several years ago that captured spirits and entities...very vividly. It was in an abandoned wharehouse where we took a bunch of local metal bands to through a party. Everyone kept tripping, falling, had scratches, etc. (The pictures were stolen from me, unfortunately, I am very bitter about it b/c I know I will never see them again) ....but in the pictures you can clearly see several entities. Some are orbs, and most of the orbs shots are surrounded near the drum sets. Other entities you could see full body apparitions. I never in my life had such compelling evidence, and most who saw them had their jaws drop..especially those people who were there and experienced things. I also had another picture of a man, with long razored teeth, smiling into the camera in front of my friends. In the next shot, it looked like he was holding a beer bottle (maybe?) and drinking it, with a woman looking fearful behind him, holding a baby swaddled. (No joke, very detailed).
The other vivid picture I got was a skeletal figure hovering over a group shot of a band. He had tattered wings and his head was turned sideways toward the sky, as if he were screaming or something. I truly never thought I would capture all of this. I just went to enjoy the bands and thought I was taking pictures of them to put on their websites...but I couldn't because of all the ghosts in the pictures. You couldn't see the people very well through the foggy apparitions. My mother couldn't believe it (I think she is a believer, she just doesn't acknowledge any presence or like to talk about it). She went with me to develop them, so she knows they were not tampered with. Her words were, "After seeing these, I feel like I need to go back to church."

Justinian

When I bought my house, we were sitting down at the closing table. The "former" owners brought in champagne and we got kinda plastered. The Real Estate Agent said it was the first they'd seen that... But anyways, so we're sitting there and I'm about to sign my life away and I said.. WAIT. I forgot to ask if the house is haunted. They all just laughed, but I sat there stone faced. So they said, no, it's not haunted. Then I was happy. I know it wasn't proof, but I was about half drunk and it sufficed at the time.

Wee

When I bought my house, we were sitting down at the closing table. The "former" owners brought in champagne and we got kinda plastered. The Real Estate Agent said it was the first they'd seen that... But anyways, so we're sitting there and I'm about to sign my life away and I said.. WAIT. I forgot to ask if the house is haunted. They all just laughed, but I sat there stone faced. So they said, no, it's not haunted. Then I was happy. I know it wasn't proof, but I was about half drunk and it sufficed at the time.
When my husband and I were looking for houses, I would always check the date on the house in which it was built, the property of the land, etc. A lot of older houses are around this area...and one house was from 1910, completely remodeled, and I said "Nope, it's haunted. Too old, betcha it's haunted, and I'm not living there." ...We still don't have a house yet. The search continues. lol