Ok my last story now...

C_jami

Again, can I try to add an objective view here..... Because first of all, (much as I am against violence) you should have thrown a large rock at this woman.... How could anyone say that to anyone with a clear conscience? What complete and utter tosh (trying not to type the words I want there)

I am not sure if the following is a 'thought experiment' or if it happened, but it raises a question....

A young man visits a fortune teller at a fair, and asks for his palm to be read.
The fortune teller says "You have no future"
The young chap dies in a car accident on his way home......

So the question is, was the fortune teller genuine and accurately predicted what was going to happen? Well, as it was a fairground side show, possibly even if it were possible, the chances of someone that good being in a fairground side show is slim, lets be honest here......

The most likely thing is that the young man, filled with concern about the news he has just got was distracted and made a mistake in his driving. Now that is a far more likely scenario. I guess if you had not been running, I reckon there would then have been a request for money to 'cure' whatever was hanging over your head......

I accept there will be people on the forum who will even now be shouting 'Unbeliever' and pointing computer stained fingers at me (line from mcgoohans blues, sorry) but there will be people who will condemn me for being a sceptic. But if someone was good enough to be able to make that prediction, why do it? if there is nothing that can be done, would it not be better to let you enjoy your time?...... If you had been walking, not running she would have sunk her greedy money grabbing claws into you and offered to perform a ritual cleansing or something, or given you a phial of sugar water with food colouring. As it is, the next person who passed would have been the subject of a flash of psychic precognition and they would have given her money.

Here in the UK, it is not uncommon for people to be hijacked in the street by old women (usually wearing black) who sell bunches of heather (picked off the local moors free of charge) for good luck. Some will shout curses at you if you do not pay them. I typically avoid them like the plague. In fact, plague can be easier to get rid of, tis just a large dose of antibiotics these days and at least then it is over and done with. Unlike this woman who has sat in your brain for years...... Grrrrr, Forget throwing a large rock, you may miss, a large stick would be better :mad:

2 women in two countries? well, they just guess your age and add a few years, close enough for you to panic and hand over cash, but not too far away that you think "what the hell"

Aaagh, fk'in scammers again.... I can feel the hairs twitching on the back of my neck. Please, Please do not worry. Enjoy life, and when you celebrate your 28th birthday, remember what I said, raise a glass and say' You know, that nerd in the bow tie talks some sense! (sometimes :ROFLMAO:)"
Aww this story is very interesting and sounds dangerous. I don't want to fix my date just because of this women's. Hahhaha I will make shore to post when I am 28 and celebrate on this topic. You are so cleaver .. Is like you know everything about scams.

Phil Wainwright

I hate scammers, and as mentioned earlier, I am a member of an anti-scam group. I really do hate them.....

But as mentioned, please please do not worry about what some scam artist is saying, this is one of the prime reasons for their existence. They work by offering false hope:-

You have won the lottery,
You have inherited loads of money
Just send me some money to get everything released.....

The offer love:-

I will be at the airport in half and hour, I am on my way to see you.......
Ah, I have lost my passport/visa/kidney etc. please send some money and I am on my way........

They use fear:-

Your house will be repossessed
You will have a horrible accident.... If you give me money, I can make it stop......

Do not listen to them.

C_jami

Hahahah you so serious and funny same time. Agree with you there is lots of ways to do scams. :) maybe that was my time to fall in to one of them. But I was to young at the time to care about that. Anyway I bet in two years I will laugh with you about all this. Thank you for you're reply ! ☺️

TnWatchdog

I was talking to my sister today and thought I would pass along her comments. She has a gift store and reads tarot cards for a living. She told me her grandmother and mother had the gift. She told me that so many readers are scammers and told me a story about a friend of hers in Colorado that ran into one such scammer. Oh my you need to buy a candle, which I will bless and pray over it. When the person came back, you didn't pray hard enough so now your seven sisters are cursed. You need to buy these white towels and I will bless them...then seven rings, all for a cost. My sister said that so many readers are fake and scam artists, just like everything else nowadays. I ran by the OP situation to her. She said no true and spiritual reader ever predicts death. There are only three things that determine this...you, God, and your behavior. My sister said that if she ever saw anything she may say...watch your driving or something like that. She thinks the person in Italy, bearing this fictional news, was either an egomaniac, scammer, or both. They were waiting for the response...what can I do? She told me these people carry negative energy and you need to move away from such energies and forget about it. Anyway I thought I would post what she said before I forgot what she had told me. Now back to work outside where I can freeze my ass off...lol I am glad it is Friday the 13th...my lucky day, celebration upcoming!

C_jami

I was talking to my sister today and thought I would pass along her comments. She has a gift store and reads tarot cards for a living. She told me her grandmother and mother had the gift. She told me that so many readers are scammers and told me a story about a friend of hers in Colorado that ran into one such scammer. Oh my you need to buy a candle, which I will bless and pray over it. When the person came back, you didn't pray hard enough so now your seven sisters are cursed. You need to buy these white towels and I will bless them...then seven rings, all for a cost. My sister said that so many readers are fake and scam artists, just like everything else nowadays. I ran by the OP situation to her. She said no true and spiritual reader ever predicts death. There are only three things that determine this...you, God, and your behavior. My sister said that if she ever saw anything she may say...watch your driving or something like that. She thinks the person in Italy, bearing this fictional news, was either an egomaniac, scammer, or both. They were waiting for the response...what can I do? She told me these people carry negative energy and you need to move away from such energies and forget about it. Anyway I thought I would post what she said before I forgot what she had told me. Now back to work outside where I can freeze my ass off...lol I am glad it is Friday the 13th...my lucky day, celebration upcoming!
Aww thank you for asking your sister. Is good to know a true opinion from someone who know reading cards. I heard before about this. Someone told me recently that no one will predict death. would find another way to tell you... I believe that was a coincidence what happen in two different countries Maybe they use this trick with everyone hahahha Now you know i am 26. I am not far to find out if they was a scam :))

Justinian

I took a small turn of my own at reading tarot cards. And from what I've seen of others that do it.. if you want to be successful (making money), you have to be able to spin a really good story. With your Romanian history, I would think you would see through this as just a Roma trick. I know it's a touchy subject, but regardless if you are or not, the Roma or Gypsies for everyone else, were always trying to pull this on us while we were traveling through Romania. Always cursing us, and spitting on us for not buying their wares, or grabbing at us in the street and pulling you to the side to tell you that you have an old soul and that soon your dangerous life will come to an end, and that if I wanted a more detailed reading that I should go inside with them. Or go with them for.. "other" things. I came to see tarot and palm readers as modern day bards. Just storytellers. It's all statistics. A numbers game of sorts. Sure there are those that really can read your fortune TO AN EXTENT. But I always knew that the trick to "sucking" people in, was to make it sound dramatic. I really grew wary of the other readers though because it was like they were drawing at straws. Like when you draw the Death card. 90% of the time it means that one aspect of your life is about to end. It doesn't always mean that you're going to die. In all the years I read tarot never once did I ever think someone was going to die. So when they tell you that, they probably saw a young impressionable woman that they would suck you in for free with a story about death, and then once in, they'd make up a story that the cards weren't clear before and really its just a change coming. I wouldn't worry over it at all. But, it could be that they both saw a change coming at that point in your life. Something that will change your life dramatically. Maybe marriage? Marriage could be signified by the death of your single life which leads into the life of companionship. Seeing as you say you move around a lot, I could see marriage or just settling down in general as a major change in lifestyle for you.

C_jami

I took a small turn of my own at reading tarot cards. And from what I've seen of others that do it.. if you want to be successful (making money), you have to be able to spin a really good story. With your Romanian history, I would think you would see through this as just a Roma trick. I know it's a touchy subject, but regardless if you are or not, the Roma or Gypsies for everyone else, were always trying to pull this on us while we were traveling through Romania. Always cursing us, and spitting on us for not buying their wares, or grabbing at us in the street and pulling you to the side to tell you that you have an old soul and that soon your dangerous life will come to an end, and that if I wanted a more detailed reading that I should go inside with them. Or go with them for.. "other" things. I came to see tarot and palm readers as modern day bards. Just storytellers. It's all statistics. A numbers game of sorts. Sure there are those that really can read your fortune TO AN EXTENT. But I always knew that the trick to "sucking" people in, was to make it sound dramatic. I really grew wary of the other readers though because it was like they were drawing at straws. Like when you draw the Death card. 90% of the time it means that one aspect of your life is about to end. It doesn't always mean that you're going to die. In all the years I read tarot never once did I ever think someone was going to die. So when they tell you that, they probably saw a young impressionable woman that they would suck you in for free with a story about death, and then once in, they'd make up a story that the cards weren't clear before and really its just a change coming. I wouldn't worry over it at all. But, it could be that they both saw a change coming at that point in your life. Something that will change your life dramatically. Maybe marriage? Marriage could be signified by the death of your single life which leads into the life of companionship. Seeing as you say you move around a lot, I could see marriage or just settling down in general as a major change in lifestyle for you.
. It could be a big change maybe .. I don't know. But marriage I don't think so. I've been married for 5 years. Now we are separated for 2 but still didn't divorce. :) that's a story what change my life already but is in the past now. I don't think I will marry any time soon :)). Thank you for your opinion. I appreciate !