Past, Present, and Future Exist at the Same Time

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
If time is not linear, then when we are born, our past, present, and future are all instantly born as well.
In one flash of a nanosecond, our entire life, from beginning to end, is born with us. Is this proof that time exists all at once? The past, present, and future are one in the same. It must be our consciousness that separates these and creates the linear concept of time so that our brains understand it. We, in a sense, are born and die at the same...dare I say..."time"? Moment? Not even sure what the correct term would be.

So, if all events of our life already exist, then yes, with the proper technology, we can time travel.

GLXYCUBED

Interesting theory..I believe its sometimes refered to as "Block time" , whereby you can picture space time sliced like a loaf of bread, or perhaps a movie film. It also brings up issues of free will and if we are indeed capable of changing our future, or if its set already.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Interesting theory..I believe its sometimes refered to as "Block time" , whereby you can picture space time sliced like a loaf of bread, or perhaps a movie film. It also brings up issues of free will and if we are indeed capable of changing our future, or if its set already.

I believe it can be molded. Just because it all exists, doesn't mean we can't make changes. Let's say you have a ball of playdough. Nobody said you couldn't reshape it into something else. :)

Martian

The past can be changed, but not in just any way you want. The time stream will always seek a local minimum equilibrium in the same way that a river can be redirected into a lower level, but it can't be made to flow up in the air against gravity on its own. That means there are definite possible alternative timelines, but not every imaginable variation is possible.

GLXYCUBED

Perhaps there are more than 4..many more. Or perhaps it's just warped at the Quatum level and a matter of finding the right mechanism and un- twisting.

timecore

If time is not linear, then when we are born, our past, present, and future are all instantly born as well.
In one flash of a nanosecond, our entire life, from beginning to end, is born with us. Is this proof that time exists all at once? The past, present, and future are one in the same. It must be our consciousness that separates these and creates the linear concept of time so that our brains understand it. We, in a sense, are born and die at the same...dare I say..."time"? Moment? Not even sure what the correct term would be.

So, if all events of our life already exist, then yes, with the proper technology, we can time travel.
Is that like saying the universe is a hologram?Because there is a theory about it.You can look it up
if you like.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

Is that like saying the universe is a hologram?Because there is a theory about it.You can look it up
if you like.

I think we have a thread on that already. There is mathematical proof of that, yes.