Philosophical descrepancies in JT story

CaryP

Originally posted by Grayson@Aug 22 2004, 04:18 PM
Cary, we got a live one here. :dry:

Grayson,

The Chinese have a saying. Goes something like "Capitalists will sell you the rope you use to hang them with." I suspect Mr. Jeremy Sewell is in line for a lynchin'.

Uh, Jeremy, tread lightly bud. We're about all full up on hoaxes. You got something serious to say? Go for it. We're all about the truth here, compadre. You want a flame fest, I suggest you visit anomalies.net. They lust TT wannabes, and newbie blood there. Don't waste our time with unsubstantiated BS here. Are you claiming to be a time traveller? If so, I suggest you run right down and register where appropriate on this board. No, I ain't gonna show you where. You should be able to figure that one out for yourself or some other kind soul will direct you. I ain't that kind of a soul. Behave yourself young man. School is back in session, and your teacher sent us a note saying you're truant. Make me wrong. I'd enjoy it.

Cary

CaryP

Originally posted by Grayson@Aug 22 2004, 04:18 PM
Cary, we got a live one here. :dry:

Grayson,

The Chinese have a saying. Goes something like "Capitalists will sell you the rope you use to hang them with." I suspect Mr. Jeremy Sewell is in line for a lynchin'.

Uh, Jeremy, tread lightly bud. We're about all full up on hoaxes. You got something serious to say? Go for it. We're all about the truth here, compadre. You want a flame fest, I suggest you visit anomalies.net. They lust TT wannabes, and newbie blood there. Don't waste our time with unsubstantiated BS here. Are you claiming to be a time traveller? If so, I suggest you run right down and register where appropriate on this board. No, I ain't gonna show you where. You should be able to figure that one out for yourself or some other kind soul will direct you. I ain't that kind of a soul. Behave yourself young man. School is back in session, and your teacher sent us a note saying you're truant. Make me wrong. I'd enjoy it.

Cary

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

Let me help Mr Sewell.

These are the questions that we need you to answer:

Location Then:
( Or now if you are from this time period)
1) People you knew, alias ok
2) Occupation you had
3) Recreation you enjoyed

Who you are:
1) What you wished to be called on this board
2) What languages you speak
3) What education/training you have

The Trip:
(Or trips you took)
1) Month, day, year left
2) Method of time travel
2b) Capabilities and limitations of travel if known
2c) Why you time traveled if intentional
3) Month, day, year of arrival if known

This Forum:
1) How you found this forum
2) Why you are posting on this forum
3) Any goals you hope to achieve

Location now:
( Or that you went to )
1) Geographic region you live in
1b) Type of building you are staying in
2) Who you live with, alias ok
3) How you live, (Job/Money/Guardians/Begging/Foraging)
4) Media technology available to you
( Scanners, Webcams, Digital Camera, mics)

Please post your answers to these question and a link to the topic(s) that you post under.

We would like you to start a new thread here: Are you one

And you may choose to answer the questions in this thread as well.

Sincere questions

Take the questions that are relevant to you and answer them in the thread that you start in the -Are you one- forum area.

Anyone connected with JT, who can establish the Bona Fides, is welcome here. Be prepared to be interrogated Mr Sewell. As Cary has so eloquently pointed out, if you are telling the truth, you get a fair hearing. If you are lying... well, I shudder to think.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

Let me help Mr Sewell.

These are the questions that we need you to answer:

Location Then:
( Or now if you are from this time period)
1) People you knew, alias ok
2) Occupation you had
3) Recreation you enjoyed

Who you are:
1) What you wished to be called on this board
2) What languages you speak
3) What education/training you have

The Trip:
(Or trips you took)
1) Month, day, year left
2) Method of time travel
2b) Capabilities and limitations of travel if known
2c) Why you time traveled if intentional
3) Month, day, year of arrival if known

This Forum:
1) How you found this forum
2) Why you are posting on this forum
3) Any goals you hope to achieve

Location now:
( Or that you went to )
1) Geographic region you live in
1b) Type of building you are staying in
2) Who you live with, alias ok
3) How you live, (Job/Money/Guardians/Begging/Foraging)
4) Media technology available to you
( Scanners, Webcams, Digital Camera, mics)

Please post your answers to these question and a link to the topic(s) that you post under.

We would like you to start a new thread here: Are you one

And you may choose to answer the questions in this thread as well.

Sincere questions

Take the questions that are relevant to you and answer them in the thread that you start in the -Are you one- forum area.

Anyone connected with JT, who can establish the Bona Fides, is welcome here. Be prepared to be interrogated Mr Sewell. As Cary has so eloquently pointed out, if you are telling the truth, you get a fair hearing. If you are lying... well, I shudder to think.

pauli

Jeremysewell, I don't mind you for wanting to share your story, but to do it along the lines you are proposing will take this thread SERIOUSLY off topic. Please take CaryP and Grayson's suggestions and post in the appropriate venue. Thank you. :)

Ok, I have another question - one that has been bugging me for a long time. I refer to the quotation of Titor's when he states - to effect - when he arrives(d) on another time line after a jump that it creates a new time line. The thing that really bugs me about this comment, and I am sorry I don't have it before me to quote it exactly, is that it seems to imply that our reality is dependent upon what JT does, or does not do. I have a real problem with this. I could understand if Titor said that he jumped into another worldline that was already in existence - or another time stream if you will, but it seems to me highly unlikely that time branches off in the manner he proposes. If so, that means there is the me that existed before JT arrived on this worldline and the me that exists now. When did I divide? When did you divide between the time line that existed before Titor came to this worldline. Did we somehow split without knowing it? It seems rather megolomaniac on Titor's part to say that he created this whole time line/world line by his mere arrival. Any thoughts?

btw, these are also the sorts of questions I meant when I opened up the philosophical discrepancies thread. Feel free to add any other questions or thoughts on this - or similar - subject matter.

pauli

Jeremysewell, I don't mind you for wanting to share your story, but to do it along the lines you are proposing will take this thread SERIOUSLY off topic. Please take CaryP and Grayson's suggestions and post in the appropriate venue. Thank you. :)

Ok, I have another question - one that has been bugging me for a long time. I refer to the quotation of Titor's when he states - to effect - when he arrives(d) on another time line after a jump that it creates a new time line. The thing that really bugs me about this comment, and I am sorry I don't have it before me to quote it exactly, is that it seems to imply that our reality is dependent upon what JT does, or does not do. I have a real problem with this. I could understand if Titor said that he jumped into another worldline that was already in existence - or another time stream if you will, but it seems to me highly unlikely that time branches off in the manner he proposes. If so, that means there is the me that existed before JT arrived on this worldline and the me that exists now. When did I divide? When did you divide between the time line that existed before Titor came to this worldline. Did we somehow split without knowing it? It seems rather megolomaniac on Titor's part to say that he created this whole time line/world line by his mere arrival. Any thoughts?

btw, these are also the sorts of questions I meant when I opened up the philosophical discrepancies thread. Feel free to add any other questions or thoughts on this - or similar - subject matter.

sosuemetoo

Originally posted by Jeremysewell@Aug 22 2004, 12:33 PM
It's time you People learned the truth. The truth Is John has visited you from the future. It's even true his son visited this site and said he died shortly afterwords.

Jeremy,

On this forum we deal with truth and facts. If you wish to remain a member on this forum I would suggest that you read the rules and abide by them.

There are many on this forum that do believe in JT, I am one of them. However it is not necessary to start your post the way you did. It offends the members.

We are not a hostile group here. We welcome peoples opinions. I suggest you tone it down a bit, let us all get to know you and become a member of our community.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

"Mom"

sosuemetoo

Originally posted by Jeremysewell@Aug 22 2004, 12:33 PM
It's time you People learned the truth. The truth Is John has visited you from the future. It's even true his son visited this site and said he died shortly afterwords.

Jeremy,

On this forum we deal with truth and facts. If you wish to remain a member on this forum I would suggest that you read the rules and abide by them.

There are many on this forum that do believe in JT, I am one of them. However it is not necessary to start your post the way you did. It offends the members.

We are not a hostile group here. We welcome peoples opinions. I suggest you tone it down a bit, let us all get to know you and become a member of our community.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

"Mom"