Physics of Temporal Energy

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I'm curious to discuss this idea in a couple of ways.

First, the energy requirement for time travel. Does time travel have a huge energy requirement? For example, 1.21 gigawatts of electricity is needed to power the flux capacitor in Back to the Future. That's a lot of power!

What if in real life it's 10 times as much? Or 1,000 times as much? And more? Where would that energy be coming from? From a Dyson sphere? Wow.

The second way that this idea could be discussed would be as follows: Would a higher-dimensional civilization be able to transfer energy between time periods? I'm not talking about being able to bring batteries with you through a time portal. I'm talking about an actual power line or power link. A power channel that would go through a permanent time portal or something.

Have you ever thought about that? Perhaps a Dyson sphere could perform this kind of temporal energy transfer?

MODAT7

I have mixed feelings on this. Part of me tells me that it should require a lot of energy to do... but Madman Marcum found some temporal anomalies with relatively little power in his initial experiments. As I understand the story, he did use quite a bit more later on. The Philadelphia Experiment required quite a bit of power for a navy ship, but it was still a reasonable amount of power. They weren't looking to do time travel, but kinda found it the hard way.

You may only need a little power for small temporal experiments but a medium amount for larger. And all this is in relation to relatively inefficient human technology. Alien tech would probably require less. I don't think a stellar level of power would be required. The next question is: What kind of power is needed? Standard electricity is probably unoptimal. Zero point energy could be far better. Who knows if there's a third type of energy moronal physics denies?