Plumber Spots ‘Bigfoot’ in Pennsylvania

Paranormalis

Think outside the mind
BLAKESLEE, Pa. — A property management plumber claims he spotted a Bigfoot-like creature in a wooded area near Pennsylvania Route 115.

The Pocono Raceway. Credit: SandJLikins

David Quinn, a 50-year-old Long Branch, New Jersey resident, told Cryptozoology News on Wednesday that he and a friend were staying at a small lodge in Long Pond, Pennsylvania, when he saw the animal.

“A few times during the summer each year, a friend and I would travel to Pennsylvania to attend the NASCAR auto races held at the Pocono International Speedway,” Quinn said about the June of 2003 encounter. “The lodge where we were staying was cheap, $15 a night, we knew the owners. Kind of a dumpy place. This establishment was petty much surrounded by heavy forest. I have no idea if the place is still in existence.”

Quinn, who says he suffers from insomnia, says it was almost 2 a.m. when he decided to sit by the window of his lodge’s room to catch a glimpse of the nocturnal wildlife.

“Living in a small city on the ocean, I didn’t get much of a chance to see a lot of wildlife and this was something I looked forward to when I stayed up here,” he explains. “I liked to watch and see what would come out of the woods to prowl around the area such as deer, fox, raccoons, and the occasional bear which would be attracted to the smells emanating from the restaurant.”

As he sat there, says Quinn, a thunderstorm began forming nearby.

“I had been there for about 40 minutes. I could hear the rumble of the thunder and flashes of lightening started to light up the sky.”

That’s when, according to the New Jersian, the cryptid showed up.

“I heard some cracking like branches breaking. I figured it was a bear due to the heavy sound of the crunching, a big animal, I thought. I was very excited with expectation waiting to see what was going to make an appearance. I noticed what appeared to be eye shine blinking and moving around. I thought it was a bear for sure. All of a sudden, what I thought was a massive tree trunk at first, slowly moved out of the tree line and into the parking lot. It took me a few seconds for my brain to translate what I was seeing.”

Lake Pocono, Pennsylvania. Credit: Joeb

Quinn reports seeing a 9-foot-tall “hairy ape-like man” walking out of the woods.

“He looked up and kind of sniffed the air, then he looked around the parking lot like he was being cautious, then walked over to the dumpster. The rim of the dumpster was well below his waist level. This thing was huge. He bent over slightly and put a massive hand into the dumpster and was fishing around for a min or two, although it didn’t look like he pulled anything out.”

The creature was described as having a “thick body” and long legs and arms that “reached well belong the knees”.

“It had two massive legs, large feet and very noticeably large hands that looked almost like a catchers mitt. His head was cone shaped at the top. Completely covered in dark hair, except for around the nose and eyes and mouth area. He walked completely upright with an almost graceful motion. Very muscular,” the plumber explained, adding that its nose seemed more human than a “flat ape-like one”.

Reportedly, the animal stood there for about 5 minutes before going back to where it came from.

“It looked right up at my window as if he could see me. Like he knew I was there. I was sitting in the dark behind a screen, but I guess they have night vision. It was at this point that he turned completely around and walked casually back into the woods.”

Quinn says he was petrified at the time of the sighting and that he has “never been back” to the area.

“I was so shaken, in total shock. It didn’t strike me at that particular moment that I had actually seen a Bigfoot. I had only thought of it as a Pacific Northwest thing,” he said.

But the eastern side of the country also has its oddities. The Massachusetts region known as the Bridgewater Triangle –a term first coined by prominent cryptozoologist Loren Coleman in 1983– is a 200-square-mile zone delimited by the towns of Abington, Rehoboth and Freetown. Enclosed within the boundaries of the triangle lay other towns like Brockton, Whitman, West Bridgewater, East Bridgewater, Bridgewater, Middleboro, Dighton, Berkley, Raynham, Norton, Easton, Lakeville, Seekonk, and Taunton.

Of special interest to researchers is the Hockomock Swamp, a hot spot which has generated a plethora of UFO reports, strange reptiles, ghosts, Bigfoot and other cryptid sightings.

In 1978, Joseph DeAndrade claimed to see a human-ape hybrid that many cryptozoologists considered to be Bigfoot. It was a “big, tall and strange-looking creature with long dark-brown hair,” very slowly walking down a small hill about 200 feet away. He estimated the animal was 6-feet tall and weighted about 400 pounds. The police were subsequently involved in a 48-hour investigation.

In 1984, a person allegedly witnessed a pair of giant black pterodactyls fighting each other as they flew away through the mountains. A similar incident reportedly took place in Taunton in 1992.

Early this year, a motorist said he saw a tall humanoid with an unidentified deer-dog hybrid creature on the side of the road in eastern Pennsylvania.

“I really have never told anyone else about this since people just don’t take you seriously. They try to explain it away. They would have to have seen what I did in order to know that there were no other possibilities except the fact that it was a Bigfoot,” Quinn said.

Long Pond, part of the Appalachian mountains, is located in Monroe County and has a population of 4,000.

The post Plumber Spots ‘Bigfoot’ in Pennsylvania appeared first on Cryptozoology News.

TimeFlipper

Of course poor old bigfoot couldnt find any food in the dumpster, he could smell that TnWatchDawg had been there and took all the best bits..
Shame on you Dawg for depriving him yet again!! :D

Last edited:

TnWatchdog

Of course poor old bigfoot couldnt find any food in the dumpster, he could smell that TnWatchDawg had been there and took all the best bits..
Shame on you Dawg for depriving him yet again!! :D
Yeah I usually mark my territory but haven't been that far north as there is plenty of dumpsters in my neighborhood.