Point of Divergence

HDRKID

Point of Divergence, an important concept that John Titor spoke on. Here is an example, of what I did hear from several people. Basically, there are many timelines that are more positive and negative than ours. Let me give you an example.

Three futures.

TIMELINE A
Basically, same as ours. Yeah, in our timeline we see america as a fading empire. Few jobs as work did move overseas. Still, it could be worse.

TIMELIKE B
The SanFran earthquake was worse. A lot more people died and the USA had a nuclear war with russia. Sadly, that was back in the 60's Cuban missile crisis. Most of our cities are gone. People are very poor. In 2015 there are very few trucks on the high way. Also, there are are some mini cars. Just not as many. Population is less than 100 million.

TIMEINE C
A lot more positive than ours. There never was a SanFran Earthquake ever. WWI and WWII never occur. United Europe is a rising empire. 500 millions is the population of america. There are plenty of jobs and crime is near zero. 60's hippie craze never occurs. Drug use is near zero. Sales of alcohol and cigars near zero. Technology is increasing. 2015 has teleporters, replicators, and flying cars. People are excited about a colony on mars.

TuesdayMcBob

I prefer to just think of every possibility of everything existing simultaneously within different Multiverses.
(Including differing/lack of laws of physics,timelines, poultry being the dominating universal species, where you can beat it with your feet or paws,where skylor white is a woman instead of a man, and one where John Titor is real.)

Also forgive me if I was off topic, but it seemed loose discussion.

My main point is:
I think the events that take place in the futures listed would have resulted from a culmination of efforts and decisions rather then a sudden change in events from what the name implies/misleads.(Point of Divergence) I feel it would be more Incomprehensible Number of Points of Divergence.

In conclusion I'd say that everything exists. Naturally there is an infinite number of differences because.(I'd go on but everyone gets the point) Every possibility of everything is out there.