Police Chasing a "Jumper"?

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
I came across this video and found it a bit interesting...(If it's already been posted, my apologies!)

The video is supposed to be from the dash-cam of a police cruiser..The cruiser is chasing a suspect's car, the car makes a turn and suddenly appears to drive through a chain link fence, only the fence is perfectly intact...

It's not the best quality video, but I wanna know what you guys think...Did the car "teleport" through the fence? Or is it a hoax?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I've seen this before. But I never bothered to verify it. There doesn't seem to be any corroborating info to indicate that the video is authentic. It is such poor quality that I have trouble believing it could even be from a police dash cam.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
Yeah, I figured it wasn't legit, but I didn't think it'd hurt to discuss it a bit...*shrug* :) (Especially on a lazy, boring Sunday!)

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Yeah, I read through a few of the comments below the video. Some people were saying that Mythbusters busted it with the flexible fence trick.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
Ahh, okay...I guess it wouldn't make much sense for the guy to "teleport" behind the fence, rather than just teleport to a different location entirely...Nothing really adds up..

Wind7

Staff
I came across this video and found it a bit interesting...(If it's already been posted, my apologies!)

The video is supposed to be from the dash-cam of a police cruiser..The cruiser is chasing a suspect's car, the car makes a turn and suddenly appears to drive through a chain link fence, only the fence is perfectly intact...

It's not the best quality video, but I wanna know what you guys think...Did the car "teleport" through the fence? Or is it a hoax?

I don't think this is a hoax, it appears to be an actual dash cam video.
I looked twice before posting, at the :43 second mark I noticed 2 shadows/reflections
on the screen this video was actually being watched on so imho, this is a video of a video screen
showing the actual article and this doesn't help the clarity.

If you re-watch, you may see at least 2 reflections of people watching the vid and @ the :43 to : 50 sec. mark
the center shadow points at the screen they are watching. The shadow/reflection to the right of the screen
appears to be sitting.

As for the 'Chain Link' fence..The original poster of the vid calls it as such making us 'think'
that this is made from metal. I've seen chain link expandable gate-type placements that cover
across an enter/exit area of fencing. They're meant to go over/under or will stop a vehicle entirely
without causing too much damage. Lighting makes it seem to be a metal fence when in fact,
it's probably made of rubber/plastic.

This perp. got lucky...It either went over or under his/her car as the top of the 'gate' seems to be
somewhat curved away from the camera suggesting this was the case...The officer
driving just didn't pursue any further.

Just my 2 cents.

steven chiverton

looks like it time travelled but with no noticeable bright flashes or mist said to occur when you time travel as for the erratic driving something's odd there like as if the driver is trying to keep the car under controll