Schematic Poo's Device

Pegii

That's all the info I have on this one. I think this one is mostly just for experimentation. If you'll notice the info says just a 25% success rate.

But if you want some ideas... How about an audio sine wave generator in place of the transistor radio? Then an amplifier after that. For the step down transformer just try a standard 120volt to 12volt. Radio Shack still has those in stock. The clothes hanger loop with the magnet wire looks to be the most time consuming and tedious part of the project.
Hi einstein. Another question. Do you know how big the coil is supposed to be? Like big enough to crawl through and how do you attach the hangers?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Just take a metal coat hanger and straighten out all the bends in it so that it is a big loop of wire. Then take a spool of magnet wire and start winding a tight winding around the coat hanger wire. I can imagine a large person would not be able to pass through the coat hanger loop of wire.

So you do need to be able to pass your body through the loop. If need be you can make the loop bigger by using an extra coat hanger. Coat hanger wire is made of steel. So you could possibly just get some steel wire at the hardware store and use that instead to wind the magnet wire around. The whole point is you need to be able to pass your body through the loop.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Hi @Pegii I merged your question-thread with this one, so that this discussion can be the ultimate reference for Poo's Device.

You asked some great questions BTW, thank you for joining the initiative! :)

Pegii

I also would like to know. What is the diameter of the coil? How many times does it turn round? Also what is the value of the capacitor and the resistor?

Pegii

When I say how many times it turns around I mean how many times does it coil around the coat hanger wire?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Hi Pegii

Looking at that schematic kind of looks like two coat hangers connected to make a large wire loop. So start with that first. Then measure the circumference of the wire loop. Write that down. Next you will need a roll of magnet wire. The AWG of the magnet wire is not specified. So you will have to choose first. I happen to have a large roll of 20 AWG magnet wire. That measures .032" in thickness. But different size magnet wire has different thicknesses. Anyway all you need to do to find out how many turns of wire to use is to divide the circumference of the wire loop by the thickness of the magnet wire. So if the circumference is 60", then divide 60 by .032. That comes out to 1875 turns. I might choose thicker wire though, to cut down on the number of turns.

Here is a schematic of a converter circuit you could use with capacitor and resistor values shown.

RC_Filter.png