Power Sigil

jcolanzi

1409301.jpg

Healing: Draw the afflicted part on blue paper. Mount it on the sigil. Tell the universe: Thank you for the healing ongoing.

Attack: Draw a symbol of your aggressor on black paper using silver ink. Mount the sigil Tell the universe: "Thank you for keeping the enemy weakend and at bay."

Found this online.

DocVance

Interesting, thank you for sharing. I'm curious to know what language is employed in the labels here--it's not quite Enochian but doesn't immediately jump out at me as something recognizable.

A bit of a tangent: my personal thoughts on sigils from much research are that there is nothing inherently "magickal" about them--the symbols only have meaning, in other words, because we give them meaning. Like the Romantic ideal of "words" functioning as a vessel for "magick," sigils seem to merely focus the mind and the "psychic faculty" on a given topic or goal and help to channel one's energy to achieve said goals. That method of thinking aligns with more-scientific occult research like Robert Monroe's, who in his first book encourages practicing astral-projectors (or "out of body explorers" as he seems to prefer) to assign themselves a sigil to focus on but who claims the importance is in allowing the sigil to stand for projection to the reader and to focus it to transcend between the waking state and through hypnogogia into an astral consciousness. Experiments with simple shapes, actual magick "sigils" or even pop culture logos seem to have the same effect.

This is not to say that sigils are nonsense, quite the contrary--merely that it is the power of the mind which breaths meaning and power into them, the symbols themselves acting merely as a placeholder vessel to concentrate that energy. The use of varying sigils, then, allows one to pinpoint their intentions and learn to separate their various powers to access them specifically. The dual uses of this particular image are a good example--the difference in ritual, I suspect, is not because there is an astral code which states these certain steps must be taken to somehow activate an effect in the binary of the universe; but to focus one's power on the specific intentional use of psychical energy. Certainly still very useful in programming one's psychic maneuvres, of course.

jcolanzi

I'm not sure of all the symbols, I'm not the creator of the sigil.

You're right it's not the designs but our minds that are the power. It's been shown that symbolic radionics devises work the same as the real machines. I feel the reason is that using sigils, radionics and magical paraphernalia, give a way to focus our minds and keep our minds occupied away from ourselves.

Also by using them on a continuing basis we're programming our subconscious to realize whenever you do a certain set of actions, something important is about to occur.

DocVance

I'm not sure of all the symbols, I'm not the creator of the sigil.

You're right it's not the designs but our minds that are the power. It's been shown that symbolic radionics devises work the same as the real machines. I feel the reason is that using sigils, radionics and magical paraphernalia, give a way to focus our minds and keep our minds occupied away from ourselves.

Also by using them on a continuing basis we're programming our subconscious to realize whenever you do a certain set of actions, something important is about to occur.
Well said, exactly. Symbols and sigils are less an innately magickal structure and more akin to a psychical alphabet--the same we we construct words out of letters and give them meaning we can then return to, sigils and the like allow us to assign a concrete individual set of instructions to our subconscious and to the psychical parts of our chakra and physical anatomy to be returned to. It's like learning a new move in martial arts or returning to a piece of sheet music to replay a piece that's been learned in the past. It's mastery through repetition; it's a way to break down nearly unfathomable concepts and energies into repeatable actions to be utilized again in the future. It truly is a form of programming.

And, as you said, it's a way to separate consciousness and identity to "hone in on" the vibrations at play and tap more quickly into the subconscious. Even simply the belief that a sigil is connected to an end goal will eliminate and separate doubts and useless internal monologues that split one's mind from one's goal.

jcolanzi

It's when the conscious mind tries to block the subconscious. It's the gatekeeper you have to go through to reach the subconscious.

DocVance

Aha, thank you. I assumed from the title it was something along those lines but wanted to be sure. I appreciate the knowledge! You seem very well versed in the subject.

Monroe in particular seemed to think that this 'block' exists due to the body naturally only releasing the etheric body upon death, and therefore any conscious and living interaction with it immediately causes panic and forces the two bodies back together to try and avoid the potential "death" scenario. In "Journeys out of the Body" he called the block simply "the fear of death" and suggested the use of a personal sigil to bypass it. I like your term better, though.

One has to wonder if certain psychoactive substances truly create illusions or simply bypass the "gatekeeper," though I'm not brave enough to every experiment with these things while under any influence (the one time I tried to astral project under only the influence of vodka, it did not go very well).

Last edited:

DocVance

"Choronzon" is the demon that symbolically lies between an occultist and enlightenment in Enochian magick so I guess it could be argued that it's meant to represent that barrier since early practitioners were certainly fans of obscuring very simple occult concepts and sciences behind veils of symbolic demonology and numerology. Crowley seemed to take a much more literal approach though and claims to have summoned it in physical form in the desert as a screaming naked man, so I'm not sure if he would agree. I personally think that everything Crowley says should be taken with a truckload of salt, though, and I do think the original "Choronzon" concept was likely meant to represent that "barrier."