Prayer Needed

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I should have posted this sooner, but my father finds out today around 2pm if he has lung cancer. He has never smoked a day in his life and has jogged daily for the past 25 years, but he recently had chest pain so he had his heart checked (fine!) and then PET scan for his lungs, where they found a gray area. Last week, he had a biospy.

He did work in a very old house-turned-office for many years, so asbestos is a concern. At one point, it was falling apart due to termites so they tore it down. We are especially worried because my uncle just died of lung cancer (on my mom's side) for the same reason -- worked in an old school, never smoked.

Any type of prayer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

TnWatchdog

We all will be praying for strength for you, your father, and your family. We will also be praying for the best...our faith will see us thru.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Thank you.

It's only stage one and surgery should clear it up, but I'm scared out of my mind and realize life is too damn short.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
I should have posted this sooner, but my father finds out today around 2pm if he has lung cancer. He has never smoked a day in his life and has jogged daily for the past 25 years, but he recently had chest pain so he had his heart checked (fine!) and then PET scan for his lungs, where they found a gray area. Last week, he had a biospy.

He did work in a very old house-turned-office for many years, so asbestos is a concern. At one point, it was falling apart due to termites so they tore it down. We are especially worried because my uncle just died of lung cancer (on my mom's side) for the same reason -- worked in an old school, never smoked.

Any type of prayer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

if asbestos is a concern then you might want to look into the possibility of it being mesothelioma here's a link to some info on it.. and you have my prayers for healing too...

Mesothelioma - Cancer Types, Causes, Symptoms and Diagnosis

Samstwitch

You have my sympathy and prayers. Also helpful is Dr. Lorraine Day who cured herself of cancer by changing her diet - eating specific organic foods (she goes into great detail), and by other natural means (daily exercise, sunlight, breathing fresh air, a sleep regime, and more). She instructs others on how to cure themselves as well, which you can learn on her DVD entitled, "You can't improve on God." (I bought this DVD.) I haven't seen her other DVDs, but I'm sure they're just as informative as the first one. Her Website: Dr. Lorraine Day's Personal, Official Web Site - Her Amazing Recovery from Cancer.

My dear Mama was put in a Hospice a couple of days ago, so I understand what you must be going through.

Last edited:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Spent some time with him this morning. He said that the prognosis is excellent and that he has the potential to live a long life once the cancerous tissue is removed. He was a bit concerned because he looked at old reports of xrays and other tests and his physician suspected something a long time ago but never said anything!!!! So, I am encouraging him to change doctors!! Anyway, he isn't worried, but I'm still a nervous wreck. I just don't want to see him suffer. They will have to break his ribs to operate on the lung. He is going to be in SO much pain and it's not like him to be bed ridden. He has been active for years and is in better physical condition than I am!!! It will be a change for him to have to sit and heal for a while. SIGH. So much to take in at once for me...

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Good news. Surgeon said he can use robotics/cyberknife and may not have to break his ribs. He won't need chemo unless the cancer spread to the lymph nodes, but so far, so good. Huge relief for me that he may not be in huge amounts of pain. Surgery is September 30. Thank you for your continued prayers. :)