Psychological Effects of Time Travel

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Human beings are 3D creatures. We can experience the 3 dimensions of space with almost complete freedom of movement. In other words, we can freely move up/down, left/right, and forward/backward by our own will and means, if our surrounding medium and gravity allow it.

What about time, the 4th dimension? Well, we can indeed experience it. But we experience it one slice of it at a time. Each slice is a unique moment in time.

What if humans aren't meant to experience time any other way than one slice at a time? What if moving in this dimension in any other way causes irreversible damage to our minds?

Maybe the human brain is not meant to process, experience, and consider time in any other way than one slice at a time, one moment at a time...

What are your theories?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I find time speeds up and slows down depending on what I'm doing.

Waiting for a pot of water to boil is one way to slow time down to a crawl.

Having a conversation with a friend gobbles up time. What I think is just a couple of minutes turns into 15 minutes in no time.

Mayhem

Zenith
I find time speeds up and slows down depending on what I'm doing.

Waiting for a pot of water to boil is one way to slow time down to a crawl.

Having a conversation with a friend gobbles up time. What I think is just a couple of minutes turns into 15 minutes in no time.
Is that not the perception of the time concerned with the enjoyment of activity undertaken?

Waiting in line as an example versus doing something thatt you love best, .

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Is that not the perception of the time concerned with the enjoyment of activity undertaken?

Waiting in line as an example versus doing something thatt you love best, .

Waiting in line goes fast for me though. It's almost as if I've learned to speed the wait up mentally.

Beholder

The motoric center sees each joint as new dimensions of space for finding the shortest path. Vision is however limited to 2D projections of 3D, which is why people find it difficult to visualize 3D problems in linear algebra. To think in 13 dimensional space, one must stop visualizing and instead feel your body transforming into a complex hyperdimensional fractal shape, blurring the line between time and space.

8thsinner

Human beings are 3D creatures. We can experience the 3 dimensions of space with almost complete freedom of movement. In other words, we can freely move up/down, left/right, and forward/backward by our own will and means, if our surrounding medium and gravity allow it.

What about time, the 4th dimension? Well, we can indeed experience it. But we experience it one slice of it at a time. Each slice is a unique moment in time.

What if humans aren't meant to experience time any other way than one slice at a time? What if moving in this dimension in any other way causes irreversible damage to our minds?

Maybe the human brain is not meant to process, experience, and consider time in any other way than one slice at a time, one moment at a time...

What are your theories?
I don't agree with any thing you've said there.
The closest thing to any agreement to it would be to point out that if time is to be defined as a dimension at all, then it would be the first dimension, because whether you can move or not, the only perception you would have would be of the awareness of change, which humans call time.

Beholder

I don't agree with any thing you've said there.
The closest thing to any agreement to it would be to point out that if time is to be defined as a dimension at all, then it would be the first dimension, because whether you can move or not, the only perception you would have would be of the awareness of change, which humans call time.
Time is like a tree, because each future vision mixes bits an pieces from countless alternative futures. My future daughter does not have a clear face in the visions, because who I choose to be her mother is decided based on what I see in the future. Cause and effect bounces back and forth between futures and my current path along the timelines. I have gotten over that she had cancer, because my actions managed to stop that future from happening somehow. Now I don't have a daughter in the future. Did I kill my future daughter before meeting her mother?

8thsinner

Time is like a tree, because each future vision mixes bits an pieces from countless alternative futures. My future daughter does not have a clear face in the visions, because who I choose to be her mother is decided based on what I see in the future. Cause and effect bounces back and forth between futures and my current path along the timelines. I have gotten over that she had cancer, because my actions managed to stop that future from happening somehow. Now I don't have a daughter in the future. Did I kill my future daughter before meeting her mother?

If you're going to start feeling guilty for all the people you might have killed in parallel timelines and definitely have killed in other life times both past and future playing the karmic incarnation game for millions of years you'd probably end up in a 6foot hole yourself right and quick form the sheer weight of it...I would suggest not doing that.

Last edited: