Researchers prove time travel possible

outspoken

Interesting read about researchers who were able to reproduce a black hole on a smaller scale:

The Universe Might Be A Hologram, But Not Really

It's interesting because John Titor talked a lot about string theory, and he said his time machine worked by producing a very small black hole that allowed him to time travel. I know very little about physics, but this news seems to suggest you could reproduce a black hole, on a much smaller scale - no?

“They have numerically confirmed, perhaps for the first time, something we were fairly sure had to be true, but was still a conjecture — namely that the thermodynamics of certain black holes can be reproduced from a lower-dimensional universe,” says Leonard Susskind, a theoretical physicist at Stanford University in California who was among the first theoreticians to explore the idea of holographic universes.

So was John Titors time machine really just a computer that ran a simulation on a black hole? It's interesting to think about this article seems to imply the math proves its possible.

Earthmasque

Interesting read about researchers who were able to reproduce a black hole on a smaller scale:

The Universe Might Be A Hologram, But Not Really
The article says nothing at all about producing any black hole whatsoever, much less a miniature one.

It's interesting because John Titor talked a lot about string theory, and he said his time machine worked by producing a very small black hole that allowed him to time travel. I know very little about physics, but this news seems to suggest you could reproduce a black hole, on a much smaller scale - no?
No, it is an announcement of the finding that the mathematical model of a black hole based on string theory turns out to match the mathematical model of a black hole produced through the (unknown) mechanism of holographic projection.

outspoken

You don't have an imagination do you? You must think the world is 10,000 years old because the bible says so.

Earthmasque

I have enough imagination to click on the title of your post, only to find out you lied.

No, I don't have enough imagination to post outright falsehoods to attract thread hits.

outspoken

Don't call me a liar you don't know me. Is there a way on this site to block someone? I don't come on this site to be attacked and called a liar by some coward.