Russia ventures into Nuclear Reactor sales

Justinian

Russia’s Nuclear Reactors Could Take over the World, Safe or Not: Scientific American

Russia is poised to enter into a new market in the world. Building nuclear reactors around the world. I'm not sure how I feel about this yet, but it's not a; Russia is the Devil thought, it's more of a.. is this reasonable thought. I feel strongly that nuclear energy gets a really bad rap. But I've traveled the World a lot and I've seen safety standards in a lot of other countries and it's very worrying. In the US we have OSHA to monitor safety standards of our work places. In other countries, not so much. So, I'm just wondering how safe it is to build these things in countries that may or may not take care with them. History dictates that US borne reactors have had incidents in the past. Russia had one big one at Prypyat (Chernobyl #4), and you don't really hear much since then. So of the two leaders in design, I'd say there's are "safest", but in the hands of people that don't even take care of their own hygeine, how safe can giving them something on this scale be?