Skeptical questions for time travelers

kevin32

Hey everyone, new guy here. I'm open to the idea of time travel, but I'm also not sure about the claims of others. Maybe the answers to some questions could provide a better perspective of what's really going on. Feel free to answer whatever you can. Thanks!

> How can we tell that another is the time traveler that they claim to be? Or are there ways to tell they're not who they claim to be?

> Are there "unethical" time travelers? People who travel for selfish, unlawful or even malevolent reasons. A common theme from those who claim to be time travelers is that they always appear "good" and "helpful". Where is the guy who says, "Hey, I'm a time traveler and I'm here to take over the world?"

> What's with the whole "I'm not allowed to tell you" deal? I sorta get not wanting to talk about lotto numbers or the Super Bowl, but if there was an impending disaster or an advanced/easier way to do something, I think I'd be forthcoming about that. Why don't travelers do this? Why withhold information that might benefit society?

> So we have a concept called the "Mandela Effect" where something you knew to be a fact about the world is no longer true. Common reports include changes in geography, books and movies. What is the connection between the Mandela Effect and time travel? And have those who experienced a Mandela Effect "jumped" unwittingly?

> Do certain things in the world have special significance to you that others cannot see? Meaning, do certain objects, words, people, events, etc serve as symbols for you to understand where and when you are?

> Are there sleeper agents? Travelers who suffered amnesia once they reached their destination. Does this happen and why? I think I might be one but not sure.

> Can you recommend any books or movies that reflect what time travel is really like?

heka2015

hi new guy @kevin32

> Are there sleeper agents? Travelers who suffered amnesia once they reached their destination. Does this happen and why? I think I might be one but not sure.

I would like to hear about that part.
Would you care to elaborate?
Thx

kevin32

hi new guy @kevin32

I would like to hear about that part.
Would you care to elaborate?
Thx

First of all, I do not claim to be a time traveler. My questions are for those who do claim to be (and even includes the word "skeptical" to show how much I believe in it). Second, I should have left that bit out because the evidence of me possibly being a traveler is quite flimsy by my standards. Again, I do not claim to be a time traveler.

With that said, within this year I've been having some Mandela Effect experiences (changes in maps, changes in company logos, etc). I've also seen a few time travel movies that have deep meaning for me and I don't know why. I've also had other experiences I do not wish to share that seem to relate to time travel. But I really don't care for this thread to focus on me and my experiences, I'd just like some questions answered if anyone can.