Some things w/ infinity

iooqxpooi

Some things w/ infinity

By the way, according to what I say(which I believe is true), infinity x 0=0. It does not = undefined. Because 1 x 0 + 2 x 0...=0

The_Ruffneck

Some things w/ infinity

Hardly , i failed maths the last 3 years i was at high school , my strong subjects were English and Computing , post in a maths board if you want an argument about hypothetical number values (ie : infinity) and it involves algebra etc because i come to the forum to be entertained and algebra etc doesn't interest me in the slightest but whatever is good for you , get these equations right and in 15 years you could be doing your PH.D essay on it or something

iooqxpooi

Some things w/ infinity

LOL. You can ignore it. Anyway, thanks for the input, usually I don't even see REPLIES in my posts..So thanks!

StarLord

Some things w/ infinity

Ok Iooqxpooi, Here's one for you:

What is the answer to Life, The Universe & Everything?
Besure to back your theory up.

iooqxpooi

Some things w/ infinity

The answer is that infinity is the universe, and life is the process of trying to understand infinity. Everything is the Universe, because we know nothing else since we are trying to process it through life. Infinity is also the time it takes to understand infinity. We do not have infinity, so we cannot understand all of it, and nothing that can be counted. Thus the fact that everything=the universe. :)

CaryP

Some things w/ infinity

Originally posted by iooqxpooi@Sep 27 2004, 07:07 PM
The answer is that infinity is the universe, and life is the process of trying to understand infinity. Everything is the Universe, because we know nothing else since we are trying to process it through life. Infinity is also the time it takes to understand infinity. We do not have infinity, so we cannot understand all of it, and nothing that can be counted. Thus the fact that everything=the universe. :)

iooqxpooi,

There are some flaws in your logic bucko. Life is not about infinity. Think about it. You'd have to be a total math/science guy to get lost in that perspective. Most people are not math/science people. But it's all good.

Cary

Fringan

Some things w/ infinity

The first thing you have to understand is that you cannot divide anything with 0. The whole idea with infinity is that there is no smallest (or largest) measurement of space or time. When I type for instance 1/0, I don't really mean exactly 1/0. It's just a simplification of something like (hope this goes well in ascii :) ) :

lim?????x^2-y^2
x->0??-----------
?????????????x-y

Calculating a derivata as done above is a good example of how you can not divide by null but only go as close as 0 as possible (or nessecary). To make it simpler you type 1/0 instead of typing something like "1 divided by 1*10^-y where y is an incredibly large number, like a trillion-trillion-billion-zillion-zackawillions" :)

The simple reason to do this is to save paper, ink and time. In order to understand this you must also understand there both is and is no infinity (you actually never get to infinity, you just pretend to in math by dividing by zero which is, as you now know, not possible).

StarLord

Some things w/ infinity

Zakamillions, thats a good round # Fringan. Here it may be known as
Gazillions, either way the piggybank wont hold all of them.

Iooqxpooi, Sorry, but the answer to Life, The Universe, & Everything is: 42

You came close, but no cigar. Better Luck Next Time.

See the lady at the door and you can turn your tickets in for some gummy bears or something.