Something to keep in mind.

Falkon303

This should be an interesting topic for the Chat event coming up on March 12th.

I decided to read about who John Titor was, and why it's such a hot topic, and came across a site that has archives of his posts. One of the more interesting claims -

"A world war in 2015 killed nearly three billion people".

This will be interesting to keep in mind for the coming year. To check out the rest, - Conviction of a Time Traveler: The Posts of John Titor

Would love to hear some thoughts on this. Also, if this doesn't happen, I know there will be explanations as to why it didn't happen, such as the simple "alternate timeline" explanation, but that simply a means of explanation that can make any liar a time traveller whose predictions were "altered"... ummm no.

Here's some more, relative to our current time. -

"There is a civil war in the United States that starts in 2005. That conflict flares up and down for 10 years. In 2015, Russia launches a nuclear strike against the major cities in the United States (which is the "other side" of the civil war from my perspective), China and Europe. The United States counter attacks. The US cities are destroyed along with the AFE (American Federal Empire)...thus we (in the country) won. The European Union and China were also destroyed. Russia is now our largest trading partner and the Capitol of the US was moved to Omaha Nebraska."

Last edited:

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
There seems to be those who believe Titor was a time traveler, those who believe he's a BS story teller, and those who don't believe he was a time traveler, but want to believe (like myself). I'll admit, I haven't read every post and researched his claims, trying to piece together things to make a connection... But one of the biggest problems I have with his story is the alternate worldline theory... That's just the prefect excuse to use when things don't go as you predict, "Oh, well that's because my timeline is different from yours.." Sure...

But I still like the Titor story and I think the idea of a time traveler from the future coming and contacting us is really neat.. :)

Falkon303

There seems to be those who believe Titor was a time traveler, those who believe he's a BS story teller, and those who don't believe he was a time traveler, but want to believe (like myself). I'll admit, I haven't read every post and researched his claims, trying to piece together things to make a connection... But one of the biggest problems I have with his story is the alternate worldline theory... That's just the prefect excuse to use when things don't go as you predict, "Oh, well that's because my timeline is different from yours.." Sure...

But I still like the Titor story and I think the idea of a time traveler from the future coming and contacting us is really neat.. :)

I agree with you completely. If a claim has an excuse or a reason for turning out different, it's using a model that is prepared to explain failure or results different than a claim.