Stevia Natural Sweetener Causes Serious Migraines

Samstwitch

Stevia 50.jpg

I had serious migraines for 12 years and I finally found the cause...STEVIA, the natural Sweetener!

You're probably wondering why it took me so long to figure it out. The Stevia that I used was Organic and a natural herb. I just never considered that to be the source of the migraines I was having. It also caused nausea and vomiting...not always, but frequently when the migraines were severe.

Thank God I found the cause! It made me hella sick. :sick:

So if you use Stevia and have headaches, migraines, nausea, and/or vomiting...stop using it and see if that's the culprit.

bowtiesarecool

View attachment 798

I had serious migraines for 12 years and I finally found the cause...STEVIA, the natural Sweetener!

Thank God I found the cause! It made me hella sick. :sick:

Was it because you were allergic to it?

Did the one you were using have other ingredients in it? Most stevia on the market has other stuff in it. Other sweeteners and/or fillers, etc.

If you can't use stevia, maybe try xylitol. I don't know how pure any of that is either, as it's pretty hard to find, but it's supposed to be one of the best natural sweeteners.

Just don't substitute it with anything artificial! If you don't have any health issues and you don't use sweetener often, you're probably better off just using real sugar. Although if you're at all concerned about your dental health, xylitol would be a better choice than sugar as it supposedly helps to prevent cavities and we all know sugar is not a friend to teeth.

How did you finally found out stevia was the problem?

Glad you figured it out and are feeling better now. 12 years is a long time to be in that much pain!:(

Samstwitch

The Stevia that I used was 100% pure and organic. I don't think I'm allergic. I researched on the Internet afterwards and have discovered many people get headaches from using Stevia.

I use a sweetener often and I can't use sugar. I have hypoglycemia and sugar makes me sick. Long story how I discovered the problem was Stevia.

bowtiesarecool

Really? I didn't know about that. I'll have to look that up. It would be difficult for me to tell if I was having a reaction to it. I have health issues with sugar as well, but I also have ones that cause me headaches!

But once again, I'm glad you found the culprit and are feeling better now.

And thanks for the info.

Samstwitch

Really? I didn't know about that. I'll have to look that up. It would be difficult for me to tell if I was having a reaction to it. I have health issues with sugar as well, but I also have ones that cause me headaches!

But once again, I'm glad you found the culprit and are feeling better now.

And thanks for the info.

If you use Stevia and have headaches, I recommend discontinuing it for at least one week to see if your headaches go away. It took 2-3 days to get it out of my system.

bowtiesarecool

I don't use sweeteners often, and my headaches wouldn't go away because I have them anyway from TMJ disorder, sinusitis, and hypothyroidism (yeah, I'm a mess, lol), but that is very good advice for anyone who does. That's often the only way you can uncover food allergies. I'm glad you got it out of your system so quickly. It usually takes a lot longer. As far as I know, I'm only allergic to soy products, which I do not recommend to anyone. Contrary to popular belief, it is most definitely not a health food.

I don't rccall ever getting a headache after using stevia though. When I do use sweeteners, I usually just use a little bit of honey.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
YESSSSSS! Sam!!! We are so much alike! Stevia gives me headaches, too!!! I am also hypoglycemic. My migraines are hormonal. (I studied them by writing them down on a calendar.) I can use Splenda. So many people told me how bad Splenda was and that I should switch to Stevia. Well, when I tried, I had instant headaches. I thought I was the only one!!!

Samstwitch

YESSSSSS! Sam!!! We are so much alike! Stevia gives me headaches, too!!! I am also hypoglycemic. My migraines are hormonal. (I studied them by writing them down on a calendar.) I can use Splenda. So many people told me how bad Splenda was and that I should switch to Stevia. Well, when I tried, I had instant headaches. I thought I was the only one!!!

When I suspected Stevia was causing migraines, I researched it on the Internet and found many people had migraines from using Stevia. That's when I discontinued use and discovered it was the cause of daily migraines. I still get migraines sometimes, but not nearly as often.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
When I suspected Stevia was causing migraines, I researched it on the Internet and found many people had migraines from using Stevia. That's when I discontinued use and discovered it was the cause of daily migraines. I still get migraines sometimes, but not nearly as often.

I was suspicious after using it twice. Natural doesn't necessarily mean better.