Debate Suicide dog bridge

HDRKID

Sadly, over 50 dogs have jumped to their deaths from Overtoun Bridge, near Dumbarton, Scotland. People call it Suicide dog bridge now. These tragedies led to claims that the bridge was haunted by an evil spirit. In 1994, thirty-two-year-old Kevin Moy threw his baby off the bridge after claiming he was the Anti-Christ, and his son was Satan. Shortly after he tried to end his own life with an unsuccessful suicide attempt from the same bridge. Moy was sent to Carstairs State Hospital, a maximum-security psychiatric facility.

This being Scotland, there has also been a claim that the bridge is situated in, what Celts call, a “thin place” - a meeting of two worlds.

Why have so many dogs leapt to their deaths from Overtoun Bridge? | Mail Online

TnWatchdog

Sadly, over 50 dogs have jumped to their deaths from Overtoun Bridge, near Dumbarton, Scotland. People call it Suicide dog bridge now. These tragedies led to claims that the bridge was haunted by an evil spirit. In 1994, thirty-two-year-old Kevin Moy threw his baby off the bridge after claiming he was the Anti-Christ, and his son was Satan. Shortly after he tried to end his own life with an unsuccessful suicide attempt from the same bridge. Moy was sent to Carstairs State Hospital, a maximum-security psychiatric facility.

This being Scotland, there has also been a claim that the bridge is situated in, what Celts call, a “thin place” - a meeting of two worlds.

Why have so many dogs leapt to their deaths from Overtoun Bridge? | Mail Online
Doggonit...someone needs to enforce their leash laws. Interesting post, HDRKID.

Minita

Curiosity killed the dog- The dog kills his own self at such spot due to paranormal happening there. Why the dog gets urge to leap forward and then jump from that stonewall, unexplained. I had seen this many years ago on Discovery channel.

Minita

Curiosity killed the dog- The dog kills his own self at such spot due to paranormal happening there. Why the dog gets urge to leap forward and then jump from that stonewall, unexplained. I had seen this many years ago on Discovery channel.

BlastTyrant

Perhaps there is something having to do with the location causing the dogs to lose it, Electro magnetic fields or a stuck dog whistle?

Mr.Spiridakos

It is a very interesting topic thanks for sharing it with us. I have no idea what drives the dogs crazy.

Perhaps there is something having to do with the location causing the dogs to lose it, Electro magnetic fields or a stuck dog whistle?
If it were for electro magnetic fields wouldn't cats and other animals be affected by it too?

BlastTyrant

Cat's yes, but not many people walk there cat's and i am sure the animals avoid it if possible, It could be birds arent affected like Dogs are.

Mr.Spiridakos

So you propose that there's something like an evil spirit haunting the bridge? Cause i don't know why dogs would be so arrogant to pass a bridge that other animals avoid. What i am saying is that dogs see much more things than we do ( when it comes to spirits etc). For example one time me and my father walked outside the local cemetery of my home town and our dog suddenly stopped, started to cry and backed off slowly , like there was something very menacing in front of it.My father and i couldn't see a thing even though the street was very well illuminated by street lamps. Needless to say , i have never again visited this certain road at night time... :p

Prince Petropia

The Overtoun Bridge is a mysterious place. There is really a lot of confusion why so many dogs jumped out of their for no apparent reason. Some skeptics have said that the dogs smelled some turkeys under the bridge and thus leaped down to get them, only to meet their deaths. This seems ridiculous, for dogs are not so dumb and there are even cases where after jumping fro the bridge and surviving, the dogs have plunged off the bridge again, after climbing all the way up. It seems as if this place is possessed by come kind of negative entity, which causes all this. You can see my blog article at All About Occult to know more about the Overtoun Bridge. By the way, you can also start a discussion about this topic on my blog using the comment section provided below the article. So, here is the link: The Overtoun Bridge- One of the Most Haunted and Creepy Places on Earth |All About Occult

Wee

You know, Scotland is known for it's haunted towns and debates of monstrous creatures. Everyone there believes in the myths, legends, and ghosts that reside there. The old castles, the cobbled stones, misty fogs, and so many tales of murder. There practically isn't a part of Scotland that isn't haunted. It has seen so many dark times. There was one episode of Ghost Adventures where they did an underground investigation of where the poppers/poor lived back many years ago. Tourists are able to do tours hear; however, there are a few negative entities that roam the underground that prevents the other souls from moving on.

I'd love to visit Scotland for the history and experience something...although, I don't know if I would ever go to the Overtoun Bridge. It is so odd that dogs are the target of the demonic. It makes me wonder about the history of the bridge to find some sort of explanation. Thank you for the post :)