The Dark Side Of The Moon

gantech

Re: The Dark Side Of The Moon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Dad,

www.thecomingoftan.com/illuminated~object/illuminated~object.html

I think that should get you there my friend.[/b]

Wow...thanks Starlord for the link to these images. Funny, for the last several months I have been to the JPL website daily and not seen these images.
Our universe gets stranger and stranger. I'm going to read the "coming of Tan"
link as well. Might make for an interesting thread.

gantech

I, like most everyone here, am skeptical with any claims of competence by Uncle Sam. I have looked into the "moon hoax" issues and remember as a kid watching the lunar landing in '69. My gut feeling is that we really went there. Now I know, we can't yet resolve with telescope photography the crap left there by the Apollo teams. However, the state of technology in '69 I don't thnk was up to faking this feat. Also remember the Russians we're watching us like a hawk and tracking closely every flight (as well as the rest of the world who had the techno savvy). I'm sure the Soviets would have loved nothing more than to expose us in a hoax if they could have. Thirdly, I live near Sandia labs and know several of the engineers who work at white sands. They tell me that there was a reflective dish placed on the moon for which they swear we have bounced lasers off of to get precise distance measurements. One guy who was killed in my gyrocopter in the mid 80's was my flight instructor and an engineer at White Sands.
He told me thay filled a whole hanger sized building with Argon and used a plasma burst to vaporize it. He saw it himself and couldn't believe it. LOTS of strange projects going on out there.
Just my 2 cents

Heinrich Hundekok

Starlord,

The moon probably does have a small iron/nickel core for all we know. As you say, not much sampling or drilling is done.
The main thing here is that you don't need to drill into an object to measure or figure out its mass. We know - or have made close appoximations to - the masses of all larger objects in our solar-system without ever having touched them. We can "measure" the mass of objects (planets) by looking at the way they influence each other through gravity. Making an artificial sattelite swing around them helps a lot, and the exploration of our solar system with probes have - also - resulted in much greater accuracy in our approximation of the masses of the sun and the planets.
In 1930 Pluto was discovered due to observed "anomalies" in uranus and neptunes trajectories. Not only was the existence of the new planet predicted through these anomalies, but also its mass and position in space could - to a degree - be determined mathematically.

Reference:
http://www.nasm.si.edu/research/ceps/etp/d...sc_planets.html

As for the moon having ever had an atmosphere...

No type of "clouds" could really prevent the diffusion of an atmosphere into space. Its not a soft transition like: the bigger a planet - the denser an atmosphere it can have. Its a knifes-edge: either it can have a dense atmosphere (escape velocity higher than the maximum speed of gas-particles at the surface) or it cant!

The only way you could imagine the moon having ever had an atmosphere is that it had one at a time when the sun radiated off much less energy than now - say before it became a real fusion-plant. But that's theory beyond my capacity. You may be able to look it up somewhere.

Still... the chances of native Selenites are still pretty thin.

Ask your self: "Do I want there to have been life on the moon?" If the answer is either a clear "yes" or "no", then you should be very careful not to make that wish influence your judgement.

H.H.

StarLord

We be having some fun now eh?

http://www.solarviews.com/eng/titan.htm

Hope that link works. If you check Titans #'s against that of the Earth's moon, are the numbers that far off?

Titan is a moon that has an Atmosphere. Yes?

Here is a question for you to consider, what if, oh, let's say about 75,000 years ago,
hundreds of very large explosions basicly incinerated the surface of the moon along with what ever existed as an atmosphere, how close to what is present today would it be?

It's not a matter of what I wish.

Heinrich Hundekok

Starlord,

The link Didn't work - I think due to some problem with my internet explorer - the c*** keeps crashing on me, and I can't make it work :angry: !!!

But I think I can guess your point: Titan and our moon have similar properties regarding size and mass, yes? But titan has a hell of an atmosphere... ummm I think something like 2 times denser than earths - despite the low gravity?

True. But remember that temperature has a lot to say as well! If the moon and titan were switched, Titan would soon (in a few milleniae) loose its atmosphere and - with time - the moon would gain one. Lower temp means slower movement of gas-particles at the surface. If particles are slowed to a speed lower than the escape-velocity of that particular planet, its atmosphere will stay. Given time it may even grow. If temp rises to a point corresponding with particle movement faster than escape-velocity the atmosphere puffs away.

Point is the moon and Titan have a difference in day-time surface temperature around 300 degrees C. !!!

Take a second glance at this link. Explains the whole thing.

http://zebu.uoregon.edu/~soper/Moon/atmosphere.html

Its that heat/light radiation and solar wind that does it. Ever notice how all gas giants are out in the dark cold regions of the system? Originally - before the sun became a reactor - this huge amount of gas was more evenly distributed. The earth and moon might have had a really heavy atmospheres back then, but I dont know - mere speculation.

But once the sun started radiating of light, heat and high-speed particles ("solar wind"), this gas was pushed outwards, where it settled as huuuge "atmospheres" around existing planets. Some scientists believe that jupiter and saturn have dense rock/metal cores roughly the size of earth, and that these cores are the "original" planets, that have since been drowned in an atmosphere 1000s of times heavier than the planet itself.

Here is a question for you to consider, what if, oh, let's say about 75,000 years ago,
hundreds of very large explosions basicly incinerated the surface of the moon along with what ever existed as an atmosphere, how close to what is present today would it be?

What are you suggesting? Volcanoes? Nukes?

H.H.

StarLord

Basicly something along the line of nukes or hydrogen based weapons.

So, IF the atmosphere was hardy/thick enough (water vapor)to protect the surface from the wild temperature swings, and if the moon still had a molten core, would you agree that there is a possibility that the atmosphere would have been self sustaining?

Heinrich Hundekok

To a degree, certainly yes.

But I'd find it very doubtful if such an atmosphere would sustain any kind of life. Such an atmosphere would probably resemble that of Io, Jupiters innermost jovian moon - a poor rock - fairly the size of our moon - tormented by heavy radiation and collosal tidal forces origining from Jupiter.

But again: since solar wind and temperature are much stronger/higher where we live than further out, any atmosphere around the moon - artificially made or caused by volcanic forces - would steam away into space, as soon as the "valve" was turned off.

Starlord, are you really seriously suggesting that a civlization was blown off the moon several tens of millenniae ago? Whats the story?

H.H.

StarLord

I had read a few references to that from different places. I would be very interested in what Darkbreed's guide has to impart on this subject.

No chain jerking my friend. Serious business.

This goes way back some 75,000 to 125,000 years ago or more....

StarLord

Heinrich, I have to ask you, do you trust / believe everything that higher institutions teach regarding ancient history?

Heinrich Hundekok

Ok, we'll just wait then... ??

...and come to think of it. Why not Mars? A story like this, you know with atmosphere, life, civilization and all this is much more likely to have happened a place like that - even thoug I'm quite sceptical about that, too!!!;)

H.H.

EDIT:

Heinrich, I have to ask you, do you trust / believe everything that higher institutions teach regarding ancient history?

No. But that doesn't mean that I'm willing to believe anything. I do admit there's a problem with authenticity regarding some theories. Basically I'm willing to believe any knowledge that has been constructed on the base of many peoples work and over long periods of time - these things are hard to fake. Any suggestions in that direction, Starlord?

H.H.