The Emergency Alert Broadcast EBS scheduled for tomorrow.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Is this just in the US? Or worldwide?

Wind7

Staff
I assume that it's just the US.

MODAT7

These usually happen late in the night when I'm up and trying to watch TV. My cable provider seems to do them weekly. During the night is obnoxious, during the day is even worse.

I think I want to hack the message to something more meaningful:
"Godzilla is real! Incoming nukes to stop him! Duck and cover!"

Then a follow up:
"Oops, sorry! Godzilla got stronger with nukes! Now we're carpet bombing! Duck and cover!"

Then a follow up:
"Oops, sorry! Carpet bombing failed! We're sending a homing signal for Ghidorah! Duck and cover!"

Then a final:
""
(yes, empty alert)

Needless to say, nobody will let me near the EAS system. :-/

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I'm just taking this as a necessary step before implementing the staged UFO invasion.

I was hoping to see a permanent government shutdown over the budget. But apparently Benedict McCarthy showed his true colors and sided with continuing to destroy the dollar.

BlastTyrant

See i may have a bit further insight on this, i will post it on the Discord and answer questions there as i am on a Gov device right now, but a good part of the Gov is practicing project Dark Start this weekend as well, this is a drill that shuts down all our major Federal hospitals/Gov buildings for 5 hours to see how everything reacts.

I suspect Bluebeam is truly on the horizon.

OakFieldAlienz444

OH shit according to the fringe news lunatics I was supposed to turn off all my wifi devices at 2:00 PM
or else I would be transformed into a zombie. Guess I'm a zombie now. And so are all of you apparently.
SHIT.

OakFieldAlienz444

The Emergency Alert System is a national public warning system that’s designed to allow the president to speak to the American people within 10 minutes during a national emergency via specific outlets such as radio and television. And Wireless Emergency Alerts are short messages — 360 characters or less — that go to mobile phones to alert their owner to important information.

For ongoing coverage of this story, follow our live blog here.

People look at their phone while receiving a previous message
People look at their phone while receiving a previous message© AFP via Getty Images

While these types of alerts are frequently used in targeted areas to alert people in the area to things like tornadoes, Wednesday’s test was done across the country. It started at 2.20 pm Eastern Time Wednesday. Wireless phone customers in the United States whose phones were on got the message saying: “THIS IS A TEST of the National Wireless Emergency Alert System. No action is needed.”

The test was conducted over a 30-minute window and started at 2.20 pm, although mobile phone owners got the message once. If their phones were turned off at 2.20 pm and then turned on in the next 30 minutes, they’ll get the message when they turn their phones back on. If they turn their phones on after the 30 minutes have expired they will not get the message.

People watching broadcast or cable television or listening to the radio heard a message lasting one minute that says: “This is a nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System, issued by the Federal Emergency Management Agency, covering the United States from 14.20 to 14.50 hours ET. This is only a test. No action is required by the public.”

Federal law requires the systems be tested at least once every three years. The last nationwide test was August 11, 2021.

The test has spurred falsehoods on social media that it’s part of a plot to send a signal to cellphones nationwide in order to activate nanoparticles such as graphene oxide that have been introduced into people’s bodies. Experts and FEMA officials have dismissed those claims but some social media say they’ll shut off their cellphones Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator: