The Fountain of Youth

luke11685

The Fountain of Youth is a mythical spring which allegedly restores the youth of anyone who drinks or bathes in its waters. Tales of such a fountain have been recounted around the world for thousands of years, appearing in the writings of Herodotus (5th century BC), in the Alexander romance (3rd century AD), and in the stories of Prester John (early Crusades, 11th/12th centuries AD). Stories of similar waters also featured prominently among the people of the Caribbean during the Age of Exploration (early 16th century); they spoke of the restorative powers of the water in the mythical land of Bimini. Based on these many legends, explorers and adventurers looked for the elusive Fountain of Youth or some other remedy to aging, generally associated with magicwaters. These waters might have been a river, a spring or any other water-source said to reverse the aging process and to cure sickness when swallowed or bathed in.

Enigma007

There are two bible verses that promise the reversal of aging to the faithful.
1. Job 33:24-25
2. Psalm 103:5

You have to have faith in God to receive it. I am working on it.

mountain.spider

I've read other tales that some of the conquistadors actually did bathe in the water, and gained eternal youth or healed wounds from battling natives, but kept quiet on it to avoid monarchy reigning forever. Which makes sense.

luke11685

For instance nowadays I heard about it from Pirates of the Carribean Fountain of Youth and original Super Mario Bros. TV Show...etc.
I also heard that in during history of World War 1 Era some certain monarchs were suffering with so-called haemophilia.