The John Titor Screenplay

Ren

Here's my time-line for a John Titor Screenplay. How would yours be?

When people see the movie they should get the most important parts of the story and leave the rest out.
The movie would start with John in the Army meeting 7 other people in his unit. He would explain how he was selected for this time-traveling unit when bonding with them.

Then it would be made very clear how he was selected for the IBM 5100 mission -- his instructions to alter Y2K and retrieve this decryption machine for future use.

The film should be full of clever explanations. For example, he just told the guy working on the calendar of the IBM 5100 how to deal with Y2K later.

He is determined to save his mother from the impending Florida flood so he relocates her in Nebraska before returning to 2036.

The dirty bomb on the east coast scene was already used by the movie "Source Code" so we'll have to go for something else.

Then he does a year in jail. Then retires.

When he is old perhaps he could meet other time-travelers from his far future. And then tie in the idea that aliens and men in black are from our far future?

I think the U.S. flooding would be an epic scene along the lines of the movie "2012" and of-course the war in Syria and the U.S. I don't know how we would fit that into the movie. But clearly we should get Robert Rodriguez of "Sin City" fame in on this action.

Hi Ren,
Thank you for your input.
Two comments:

1) The project isn't mine, so it would be a little inappropriate to divulge the story arc without the writer and producer's permission. Suffice it to say, I thought the story the writer came up with was very impressive. My only input were on some technical details and other small things.
and
2) Who's "we?"

Ren

Hi Ren,
Thank you for your input.
Two comments:

1) The project isn't mine, so it would be a little inappropriate to divulge the story arc without the writer and producer's permission. Suffice it to say, I thought the story the writer came up with was very impressive. My only input were on some technical details and other small things.
and
2) Who's "we?"

The mouse in my pocket?
The voices in my head?
Ren's Home Page

Yes, I'm familiar with Mr. Debney. Very talented young man. I haven't read his screenplay as of yet though.
Interesting that he chose the same working title as the producer who has the rights to the film.