The New Pope and Olives

WonderBread

The New Pope and Olives

So CARDINAL Joseph Ratzinger is the new Pope Benedict XVI. St. Malachi said of this pope:
Gloria Olivae

One commentator states:

http://www.crystalinks.com/papalprophecies.html

9. The Glory of the Olive. The Order of St. Benedict has said this Pope will come from their order. It is interesting that Jesus gave his apocalyptic prophecy about the end of time from the Mount of Olives. This Pope will reign during the beginning of the tribulation Jesus spoke of. The 111th prophesy is \"Gloria Olivae\" (The Glory of the Olive). The Order of Saint Benedict has claimed that this pope will come from their ranks. Saint Benedict himself prophesied that before the end of the world his Order, known also as the Olivetans, will triumphantly lead the Catholic Church in its fight against evil.

It is interesting to note that this Pope is calling himself Benedict XVI. So my question is, was Ratzenberger predestine to be Pope, did they pick him to be Pope because of the Prophecy, or was Malachi a time traveler?

In the same article the state that the next pope will be Peter of Rome. They say that that Pope will be Satan himself.

10. PETER THE ROMAN - This final Pope will likely be Satan, taking the form of a man named Peter who will gain a worldwide allegiance and adoration. He will be the final antichrist which prophecy students have long foretold. If it were possible, even the very elect would be deceived. The 112th prophesy states: \"In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign Petrus Romanus, who will feed his flock amid many tribulations; after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people. The End.\"

So I guess this is the last Pope. I just thought this strange.

WonderBread

KiraSjon

Re: The New Pope and Olives

Mod Note: This is a really cool topic idea, so I've split the OT portions off this thread to give y'all some discussion room. The new thread is located in the Open Discussion section under WonderBubbu. :grin: Enjoy!

Darkwolf

is interesting to note that this Pope is calling himself Benedict XVI. So my question is, was Ratzenberger predestine to be Pope, did they pick him to be Pope because of the Prophecy, or was Malachi a time traveler?

Remember that the Malachi prophesy only gave the papel names. The guys elected pope have just as much acess to them as we do. My question is, if it is a self fulfilling prophesy, what do they do when they run out of names and the world is still there?

BubbuClinton

Actually the Prophecy only gives a description of the traits of the Pope. In this case "Gloria Olivae" or glory of the olive. The Benedictine monks call themselves Oliverians and believed for a long time that this Pope would be from their Order. And of course he is, thus the name Benedict XVI.

The Next Pope Is the Problem. If you were elected Pope would you call yourself Peter? Everyone already thinks that he will be Satan. What away to start your papacy.

Bubbu

smokeringhalo

The idea that Peter the Roman will be Satan is entirely unfounded.
St. Malachy never said any such thing, and is the product of the website authors own speculation. The prophecy only suggests that the tribulation and judgement day are to come during this final papal reign. How one gets Satan out of that is beyond me.
Could he be the prophesied False prophet of Revelations? Hes as good a canidate as anyone, but I wouldn't bet on it.

CaryP

Smokeringhalo!! The hell you been dude? Great to see you back my man.

Cary

BubbuClinton

smokeringhalo said:
The idea that Peter the Roman will be Satan is entirely unfounded.

While I am not a Catholic, I do have an interest in this stuff. There is actually a dispute as to whether "Gloria Olivae" or "Peter Romanus" is the final Pope.

http://www.jpdawson.com/lastpope.html

This author states that there is a possibility that Peter Romanus was not included in the actual list of Malachy. Therefore, Gloria Olivae is the last Pope, and since the last Pope is suspose to be Christ returning to Earth, that would mean that Benedictus XVi is Christ. I don't think that anyone is suggesting this.

However at the end of Malachy's prophecy there is this statement:

PETRUS ROMANUS

\"In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign Peter the Roman, who will feed his flock among many tribulations; after which the seven hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people\".

I believe this has lead to the speculation of Peter Romanus being Satan. There is a dispute as to whether this statement was included by Malachy also. The issue comes down to this; if you believed that Malachy was inspired, was he inspired by God or Satan. If it is God, then Benedict XVI is the last Pope. Correct me if I am wrong, again, I am not Catholic, but the Catholics believe that these are the end times and Christ is coming back. With this Pope comes 7 years of destruction ending with the Rapture and finally the return of Christ.

However, if Malachy was inspired by Satan, then the intent was to deceive and by placing Peter Romanus on the end, you have the Great Deceiver, the Anti-Pope or Satan himself.

Is that unfounded, I don't know. Is Satan a god or Alien? Who knows. My point is that the Catholics are coming to a point where there is going to be some sort of decision made in the Church. Now that that Benedictis XVI has been elected there is only one more spot at the Vatican on the wall for a picture of a Pope. So either, the Catholic church will change profoundly with the next pope, the World Ends, they expand their picture wall or they have to come up with some story as to why everyone is still here. With any of these scenarios, the next Pope will have his hands full, just because he is perceived as the Last Pope and many people suspect that he maybe the anti-Christ.

If you start mixing in some the Nostradamus dooms day stuff, and 2012 legends and Wars, and Rumors of Wars with all of this you can start to get nervous.

Sometimes I feel like life is really just a play we are watching unfold to a script. But then I remember I have to eat and stuff and there is no real good intermission.

Bubbu

KiraSjon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"BubbuClinton\")</div>
If you start mixing in some the Nostradamus dooms day stuff, and 2012 legends and Wars, and Rumors of Wars with all of this you can start to get nervous.
[/b]
Indeed Bubbu. However, another thought on the end of the world...what if it's just the end of their world.

If we take a look at a few definitions of the word:
1. A realm or domain: the animal world; the world of imagination.
2. A sphere of human activity or interest: the world of sports.
3. A class or group of people with common characteristics or pursuits: the scientific world.
4. A particular way of life: the world of the homeless.
5. All that relates to or affects the life of a person: He saw his world collapse about him.
6. Secular life and its concerns: a man of the world.
7. Human existence; life: brought a child into the world.
8. A state of existence: the next world.
So, what if it's not total destruction or the planet or the human race - just total destruction of their system and its ability to control and enforce itself. The prophecy also mentions a judge...a "formidible" judge. Is that supposed to be God? Or just a non-Catholic leader of the world punishing zealots for getting out of hand? Could the fire and brimstone predicted be another version of a crusade?

No offense intended, just offering a different view...

On a different spin, this morning on the news here they circulated a rumor that Benedict XVI was elected to quell the masses until a younger more suitable replacement could be found. Considering his age, this is not an impossible scenario. Thoughts?

BubbuClinton

Thank you for your insights KirasJon. You know somewhere in the back of my mind I remember hearing something that it was thought that this particular Pope, the one before the last Pope would be a temporary or interim Pope. I don't know where I heard this, I need to research it. But, that fact that he 78 doesn't lend well to a 25 year reign.

I agree it could be the end of the Catholic church as we know it. Many of their prophecies actually for see the Vatican being destroyed and the Church being taken over by more Liberal or Anti-Traditional-Christan (Catholic version) influences. I heard one priest Father Winget state that John Paul II actually believed that he would be kidnapped by those forces and his death would be faked while a fake Pope was put in his place. He said that he would then return after escaping into exile after 8 months. Of course his predictions did not quite happen like that, but it shows uncertainty to longevity of the Vatican. During the election of this Pope they (the press; who are evil incarnate:unsure: ) are always talking about how Benedict has traditional values like John Paul II and he must stem the tide of the liberal American Catholics. I have seen on the US news that more than 50% of American Catholics want teachings changed and don't think he will do it.

I find it interesting that members of particular faith would want to change the fundamental teachings of the faith to meet their own biases. It seems a little backward to me. Either you believe in the faith or you don't IMHO. To me, to be Catholic you would have to believe that the Church is uncharged since the time of Christ and that the Pope is Christ's representative on Earth. Otherwise, why be Catholic. So to want to change Christ's teachings would mean, maybe I am not Catholic. I would look for what ever I am looking for somewhere else. Just my thoughts. No offense intended for those devote Catholics out there who want Gay Priests and stuff.

Anyway, thanks again for your thoughts and it will be interesting to see what happens.

Bubbu

KiraSjon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"BubbuClinton\")</div>
I find it interesting that members of particular faith would want to change the fundamental teachings of the faith to meet their own biases. It seems a little backward to me. Either you believe in the faith or you don't IMHO. To me, to be Catholic you would have to believe that the Church is uncharged since the time of Christ and that the Pope is Christ's representative on Earth. Otherwise, why be Catholic. So to want to change Christ's teachings would mean, maybe I am not Catholic. [/b]

Now there's an interesting point. There are many speculations that the Bible (KJV and those fashioned after it) was not only put together after the fact by the Church itself, but in such a fashion as to alter the teachings of Jesus (who is also speculated to have been dead quite some time before they decided on him to be the Christ) to suit the assertion of their control over the general population.

And the there's the filioque which revamped the belief system over a translation error...Christians and Catholics have changed themselves substantially over the centuries depending on what you wish to believe.

In that sense, to be Catholic at all - you may have no choice but to agree to comply with changing views since the foundation is possibly already an alteration of the historical truth.

Of course, I was most definately NOT there - so as I said, strictly speculation. :p

I wonder if any of the prophecies of Malachy(i?) are speculated to have been altered or tampered with. Something new to research. Thanks for the idea Bubbu! You one smart cat. ;)