The spreading of disease via time travel

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Wouldn't time travel aid in the spreading of viruses and bacteria?

If you have a cold, you could deposit it into a new time period. You could also contract something from the past and bring it back. There are some viruses we have vaccines for, but I can't imagine us being immune to everything from the past. (If I am wrong, feel free to elaborate. I'm just speculating here).

Would time traveling while sick be considered immoral? We could potentially wipe out a species of the past if we brought something to a past timeline.

So many implications.....

Ayasano

The danger would be more bringing sometihng back from the future. We would have no antibodies for a future disease because no one has ever experienced it yet, whereas a past disease at least has a chance of conferring an immunity up to the present day on at least one or more populations.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
The danger would be more bringing sometihng back from the future. We would have no antibodies for a future disease because no one has ever experienced it yet, whereas a past disease at least has a chance of conferring an immunity up to the present day on at least one or more populations.

That's my point. Dangerous! I wonder how many plagues were caused by time travelers. Of course, they'd have to be traveling while sick or being a carrier.

Ayasano

Of course, they'd have to be traveling while sick or being a carrier.

Not necessarily. Your gut currently contains millions of bacteria that are harmless to you (and indeed, a lot actually provide benefits) but could be harmful to someone from a different time period where they weren't present.