The truth about Jesus and Gay people

Khaos

where the wild things are
Something I'll never understand about Religion and Sexuality. Why do people have to focus so much on someone else's sexuality. Do people, especially those in religions, really feel that need to know someone else's business in the bedroom?

Its like Christians. Why do you care so much about what two men or two women do with each other? Why not mind your own business and be happy that you are leading a in your point of view, sinless life and are saved and wont go to hell when you die. Why worry about someone else's sins in life.

I have a friend who has an uncle, his uncle is a pastor for his church and he is very religious. He is 101% against homosexuality, but one time I asked him, why its any of his business and he was silent on the matter, I pressed more, asking what he and his wife do in their bedroom. He became upset and said that is none of my business. So I asked him "why do you feel its any of your business what two men do in their bedroom?"

He was silent, and the only thing he said was "You have a point"

Of course. Why do human beings, need to focus so much on everyone else's sexuality for. Is it really a necessity in your life to know who is gay, straight, bi, trans?

Its why Religion and Sexuality don't go hand and hand with each other.

Samstwitch

Why do human beings, need to focus so much on everyone else's sexuality for. Is it really a necessity in your life to know who is gay, straight, bi, trans?

Perhaps one reason is so those who are prejudice against gays can target them. It is a good question for a new topic. Please start a new thread if you want to take the discussion further.

Samstwitch

Pope Francis is a true Christian. Here are some excerpts with his views on gays.

"The church sometimes has locked itself up in small things, in small-minded rules," Francis said. "The most important thing is the first proclamation: Jesus Christ has saved you. And the ministers of the church must be ministers of mercy above all."

Two months ago, Francis caused a sensation during a news conference when he was asked about gay priests. "Who am I to judge?" about the sexual orientation of priests, as long as they are searching for God and have good will, he responded.

"A person once asked me, in a provocative manner, if I approved of homosexuality. I replied with another question: 'Tell me: when God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person?'"

New Ways Ministry, a Catholic outreach to gays and lesbians that has been rebuked in the past by church leaders who accused ministry leaders of straying from church teaching, called Francis' comments "a new dawn." Equally Blessed, an advocacy group for gay and lesbian Catholics, likened Francis' remarks to "rain on a parched land."

Full Article (the title is misleading): Pope criticizes church emphasis on abortion, gays - Yahoo News

Khaos

where the wild things are
I like this pope. I thoroughly enjoy reading what he speaks about homosexuality.