Three questions.

CaryP

Three questions.

Originally posted by hellrazor@Dec 24 2004, 11:01 AM
1. What is nothing ??
2. What are probability??
3. What are possibilitys??

1. Nothing is the absence of anything.

2. Probabilities are the assessment of possible events that have some low to high chance of occuring. Measuring probabilities is a human endeavor.

3. Possibilities are events that have a potential occurence, some known, some unknown to humans. Possibilities are events that the are afforded an occurence given the laws of the universe. Possibilities deal with "reality" that humans have a very limited capacity to discern.

New questions.

1. What's the greatest thing you ever did? (Getting married, having kids not included. Looking for something you accomplished not connected to your family)

2. Who was the greatest influence on your life? (You don't have to know them personally. Could have been influenced by someone who lived before you did.)

3. What is your number one goal for the rest of your life, and what do you do towards that end on a daily basis?

Cary

preethi1986

Re: Three questions.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"CaryP\")</div>
1. Nothing is the absence of anything.

2. Probabilities are the assessment of possible events that have some low to high chance of occuring. Measuring probabilities is a human endeavor.

3. Possibilities are events that have a potential occurence, some known, some unknown to humans. Possibilities are events that the are afforded an occurence given the laws of the universe. Possibilities deal with \"reality\" that humans have a very limited capacity to discern.

New questions.

1. What's the greatest thing you ever did? (Getting married, having kids not included. Looking for something you accomplished not connected to your family)

2. Who was the greatest influence on your life? (You don't have to know them personally. Could have been influenced by someone who lived before you did.)

3. What is your number one goal for the rest of your life, and what do you do towards that end on a daily basis?

Cary[/b]

1. not the greatest thing that i did... more like the greatest thing that happened to me: getting an offer from cambridge and hopefully, after i get my results end of this month, i'll be studying in cambridge.

2. i know this answer is quite cliche but it is the truth. my dad.

3. be happpy. so i find delight even in small things.

-1) What is on the other side?
0.5) What is a rainbow, literally and philosophically?
0) How do you know you really exist and are not only part of someone else's dream ( or nightmare)?

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"preethi1986\")</div>
-1) What is on the other side?
0.5) What is a rainbow, literally and philosophically?
0) How do you know you really exist and are not only part of someone else's dream ( or nightmare)?[/b]

1. Everything that isn't here.

.5 Light being refracted due to water vapor in the air

2. Spirits sign that he's really not as pissed at humans as the holy rollers claim he is, / a constantly moving directional pointer to a very large pot of gold. Trust the Irish to come up with a always moving 'X marks the spot where the treasure is burried sign'

0 We discussed this before and figured out that, if we make Pyro mad enough and he quits thinking about us, we could all instantly dissapear along with that poor cat in the box that they never let go in quantum mechanics 202-B class. (If it was me I would have put Dubya in there in stead of Schrodinger's poor cat. It's way more humane and much better for our country, not to mention all the money we'd save on that social security ripoff)

Questions:

X- What made the Worm choose that particular type of mushroom to sit on in Alice In Wonderland?

Y- Name the type of mushroom

Z- What 'medicine' was Lewis Carrol rumored to be fond of eating?

isabel

Quote:
X- What made the Worm choose that particular type of mushroom to sit on in Alice In Wonderland?

Y- Name the type of mushroom

Z- What 'medicine' was Lewis Carrol rumored to be fond of eating?

X - although but an amateur mycologist, the caterpillar (it wasn't a worm!) still was expert enough to recognize that particular type of mushroom, well known for its medicinal effects

Y - it was a Fly Agaric mushrom, Amanita Muscaria

Z - I'm thinking it was that same mushroom...

My questions now:

X - what really happened to Amelia Earhart?

Y - what is the difference between a preganglionic fiber and a postganglionic nerve?

Z - what is the deepest shade of blue?

p.s. sorry I don't know how to make that quote section look like it's supposed to... alas, I'm computer illiterate:(

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"isabel\")</div>
My questions now:

X - what really happened to Amelia Earhart?

Y - what is the difference between a preganglionic fiber and a postganglionic nerve?

Z - what is the deepest shade of blue?

p.s. sorry I don't know how to make that quote section look like it's supposed to... alas, I'm computer illiterate:([/b]

X- She died.

Y- . Preganglionic nerves from the central nervous system synapse (signal to one another and to non-neuronal cells such as muscles or glands) at one of the chain ganglia and the postganglionic fiber extends to an effector, typically a visceral organ in the thoracic cavity. (Italics are where you got them wrong in description. Prior to the ganglion, they are always Nerves)

Z- 16,000 metres below sea level

Mine now:

P: What is green, yet turns red at the flick of a switch?

Q: Was J Edgar Hoover a Transvestite

M: Who stole the snark from the boojum?

StarLord

Frog in a Blender

His Dress Maker Knows For Sure

The Snark was a Boojum. The Jury is still out in it's fruminous way, wether t'was just the Baker that was taken away. For The Baker was with the Beaver, the Bellman and the Butcher all along for the chase, I suppose we'd have a debate as to what the Boojum was looking to taste.

Questions:

What is the sound of one hand clapping?

What Race of Alien were Paco and Pedro?( the ones that gave Gibbs the HDR)

How can you tell if An Elephant has raided your Referigator?

CaryP

P: What is green, yet turns red at the flick of a switch?

A traffic light.

Q: Was J Edgar Hoover a Transvestite

Yes, flaming.

M: Who stole the snark from the boojum?

The hell I know. Is this from Harry Potter?

New set of questions.

1. Is the Federal Reserve an agency of the U.S. Govt? If yes, under which Dept. does it operate, if no, who owns it?

2. What is the "herding impulse" and how does it affect financial markets?

3. Why is excessive investor sentiment in either direction a good contra indicator for future prices of any financial market?

(Yeah, I know some dorky financial questions, but I'm in that kind of mood.)

Cary

isabel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Grayson\")</div>
Y- . Preganglionic nerves from the central nervous system synapse (signal to one another and to non-neuronal cells such as muscles or glands) at one of the chain ganglia and the postganglionic fiber extends to an effector, typically a visceral organ in the thoracic cavity. (Italics are where you got them wrong in description. Prior to the ganglion, they are always Nerves)
[/b]

Like hell I got'em wrong:) http://member.aol.com/Bio50/LecNotes/lecnot26.html

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

Frog in a Blender CORRECT

His Dress Maker Knows For Sure I'll ask He-She then.

The Snark was a Boojum. The Jury is still out in it's fruminous way, wether t'was just the Baker that was taken away. For The Baker was with the Beaver, the Bellman and the Butcher all along for the chase, I suppose we'd have a debate as to what the Boojum was looking to taste. Knew you'd get it.

Questions:

What is the sound of one hand clapping?

Cl--

What Race of Alien were Paco and Pedro?( the ones that gave Gibbs the HDR)

Aitch-Dee-Areions?

How can you tell if An Elephant has raided your Referigator?

There are footprints in the butter?[/QUOTE]

My Q's.

T: When does the new series of DR WHO start on the BBC?

V: WHEN does the NEW SERIES of DR WHO start on the BBC?

M: WHEN DOES THE NEW SERIES OF DR WHO START ON THE BBC!?