Time and again

xyqtrpb

Re: Time and again

I suppose you could think of cutting an onion in half and looking at each of the circles on the inside, developing.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"xyqtrpb\")</div>
I suppose you could think of cutting an onion in half and looking at each of the circles on the inside, developing.[/b]

You ain't getting away with that. Be specific.

xyqtrpb

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Grayson\")</div>
Well, that's all well and good... but, how do you get home when you are creating divergence by simply being here?

Divergence occurs when a time traveller moves just a few atoms or molecules. This may alter local gravitational forces, temperature, fluid dynamics, and other molecular traits. As described in Twentieth-Century chaos theory, moving a single molecule can lead very quickly to significant seismic and climatic changes around the world. For example, moving a single air molecule in South Africa could alter the wind patterns in the immediate area, which in turn could alter the weather throughout the Southern Hemisphere, which in turn would cause a storm in a specific location, which could lead to temporal divergence at the genetic level.

The seeming randomness that you create simply by being, must make a return journey hazardous at the best of times... so how do you do it? What is your vehicle for this and how do you keep track of where you are and whence you came from against this hostile backdrop of divergent chaos?[/b]

This would be the case but the divergence, my assignments and myself, cause very little variations on my dimensional trip. They are very insignificant towards the homeward trip. It works very similar to a endothermic differential environment suit used for visiting certain terra formations and exo terra anomalies and tourist attractions. It calculates the variations, both externally and internally and adjusts accordingly.

The vehicle is more like a small "homing beacon" with an electron identifier. This allows me to be pinpointed and drawn back home. When I am ready to return, I enter my passcode. The electron begins spinning in randomly different speeds and directions. This in turn starts and electron in my dimension spinning in matching increments and directions. Then, they are able to match the twins up and open the dimensional gate. I then am pulled through along with other close objects...sand, small trees, grass, etc. I try to find a deserted area to make contact for extraction.

I will try to get a picture of it asap.

xyqtrpb

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Grayson\")</div>
You ain't getting away with that. Be specific.[/b]

Sorry about the misunderstanding I was simply adding to my post from earlier:

"But imagine a tree if you will. As you cut inward from one ring to another, the rings become less and less developed. Though you are moving inward you are not "time travelling" but simply cutting through the slices. Some mediums will be very similar in advancement where as others are just starting and very dissimilar."

I wasn't attempting to answer your questions with that one line sentence.

Judge Bean

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
If it was me writing this, I would have put \"Paul was here\" on that desk.
[/b]

Wait a second-- Me? I was where? I don't get it. Is that supposed to be me?

Other than that: this is a chrononaut that I can really appreciate, and one I think who isn't a teenager-- at last, an adult maybe.

Although there is a bit of Arnie in Eraser and Van Damme in Timecop here...

Lucidus

So what is that blue country in the middle called and how do they feel about being landlocked with no direct access to the ocean?

StarLord

Hmmm, I don't know, Both of you with almost the same writing styles?? How possible is that?