Time Travel Movies: Good or bad, post them here!

Peregrini

Samstwitch, you are clairvoyant.:eek: I had just finished watching The Time Travelers Wife Sunday night when I thought, "We should start a TT movie thread to compare movies and find any I may not know about.":confused: It will take me awhile to make my list, I've seen quite a few, and I have already noticed a few I have missed.:)

Samstwitch

Samstwitch, you are clairvoyant.:eek: I had just finished watching The Time Travelers Wife Sunday night when I thought, "We should start a TT movie thread to compare movies and find any I may not know about.":confused: It will take me awhile to make my list, I've seen quite a few, and I have already noticed a few I have missed.:)

About being clairvoyant, you are correct...other friends tell me similar things. I used to be waaay more clairvoyant than I am now. I could hear people audibly when they were thinking. Needless to say, that freaked a lot of people out! :eek: I've always had precognitive dreams, and known things before they happened. I don't audibly hear people thinking anymore...not ever since I had a bout with my health. (Actually, I heard one of my son's thinking one time, but that's the only time that I was aware of it happening since I lost some of my health.) Must sound kind of weird, but it's natural to me. Oops, and there I go being off topic! So sorry. :oops:

Please, we would love to see your Time Travel movie list! :)

Himalayan Hermit

Wow, that's a great list! You have way more than I do. Here's my list.

The Jacket
Groundhog Day
Planet of the Apes (1968)
Timeline
The Lake House
Premonition
The Time Traveler's Wife
Frequency
Primer
The Butterfly Effect
The Time Machine (1960)
The Time Machine (2002)
Kate & Leopold
The Triangle (series)
Other than the ones I mentioned in my last msg (all of which I've seen), here are a few that I either have (and have not been able to see yet) or haven't been able to find, but all have good reviews and ratings on IMDB.

Samstwitch

Other than the ones I mentioned in my last msg (all of which I've seen), here are a few that I either have (and have not been able to see yet) or haven't been able to find, but all have good reviews and ratings on IMDB.

Timestalkers is Streaming on Netflix. I don't remember it hardly at all, but I don't think it was very good. Still it starred Lauren Hutton and William Devane.

There are 3 on this list that are new to me. I haven't seen Slaugherhouse-Five, but horror isn't for me. I haven't seen Journeyman or The Time Tunnel, so I'll try to find those to watch.

Navigator was good when I watched it years ago. My kids were small and they loved it! Time Bandits were a favorite of my kids too. Peggy Sue Go Married was definitely good with a young Kathleen Turner...very funny/weird character played by Nicolas Cage. Quantum Leap was very popular, but I wasn't a fan...still good to watch though.

Love it that we're posting TT movie lists! So many new titles to watch now. :)

Himalayan Hermit

Finally watched "The Jacket". It's a beautiful concept guys! It reminded me of Butterfly Effect at times. Can't believe that I downloaded it almost a year ago yet never watched it. I encourage everyone to watch it!!!!

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Not sure if I really should post anything here, for a 12 years period of time, I owned a Hollywood production company in Hollywood California. I had this crazy dream that I could go to Hollywood and start a Hollywood production company, which I did about 25 years ago. The crazy part about this dream was I thought I could compete with Steven Spielberg when it came to science fiction content in movies. I quickly found out there are only four ways to make it in Hollywood.

1. Be very weird and crazy examples: Michael Jackson, Lindsay Lohan, and many others that could be named.
2. If you're Jewish and you will have an excellent chance at success. Why not quite sure.
3. If you're gay no names: your success is almost certain.
4. The hardest one of all: is to have so much talent that Hollywood cannot say no to your success.

I had very limited success because: I am not weird or gay or Jewish, and I had only limited talent. Trying to break into Hollywood is about as hard as breaking into Fort Knox. Both are almost impossible to accomplish. The last eight years in the business I worked on a PBS show, I had my people do the storyboards and scripts, the first show was about time travel problems one young boy had when he entered the professors laboratory and played with the time machine which was like a time tunnel and ended up getting a dinosaur stuck in the tunnel.

I contacted Stephen Jobs of Apple, and told him about my production company and that we wanted to use Apple computers as part of the storyline each week. All the shows took place on a very large space station the size of a small city. There were many children of all races and creeds and colors, human, alien and yes lots of robots in human form. Apple had interest, but completely dragged the project out over a two-year period which financially caused my company to go out of business, before we even taped the first show. The contact I had with Apple computers basically stated that if kids start learning Apple computers and the software that goes with it they will probably grow up to buy apples when they that go to school or college or start a business. The year after contacting Apple they placed computers free in many schools across the country.

My favorite movies and TV shows:
Sliders the TV show
Star Wars movies
Back to the future all four movies
anything to do with time travel, UFOs, aliens, are all interesting to me

TimeNot_0

Oh, what?
Star Trek First Contact - must follow the Borg back in time to prevent changing history and first contact (with of course the Vulcans).

Star Trek IV - the Voyage Home - must use a Klingon ship to travel back in time to pick up two extinct humpback whales and bring them back to the future to prevent a space probe from destroying the Earth because it is not getting an answer.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind - yes all the UFO from the 19th air company in 1945, and others with the aliens.

Stargate - Time Continuum - must stop the Gau'alds from traveling back in time and taking over the Earth in the future and destroying it or making everyone a slave if you live through it.

There may be others but right now, besides the other ones listed some seen, some not, and 12 Monkees which was at the bin in Warmart cheapy film thingy, and is well - strange because I never seen it before, that seems to be it for now. (besides some Stargate SG1 Episodes from the 10 year series about time travel.

Stargate Command will not be the Grand Central Station of the multi-verse (General whats his name- forget) I think year Series Episodes 9, show 13 of that year I think, not going to look it up.

Well, I' m through!