Time travel to avoid the End of the world.

Dkn0907

*Disclaimer* I have no knowledge of the end of the world, this is a thought experiment ment to answer a paradox I am working on with time travel.

2019, Neutron star DKN0907 is discovered as it enters the Oort Cloud at a speed of 850km/s.

There is no need to worry about an impact with earth and DKN0907 as its only presence in the Solar system will destabilize the orbits of most bodies around the sun. Creating an effective end to sol's claim on life in the Universe.

At the time of its discovery DKN0907 is at 3500 Au and will destabilize Jupiter's Orbit and send it towards earth by 2037.

2038 on september 14th the earth is completly obliterated by Jupiter's Roche Limit.

In june 2035, Antoine's time machine is finally completed. After most people have given up on God, life and the things that made us humans in the first place.

Antoine lived a nice life in a community based in Northern Maine and intends to stay alive after the Earth gets destroyed.

*Disclaimer* I will not engage in the technical details of this time machine but simplify it to the extreme so you Ladies and Gentlemen understand the thought experiment.

Antoine's time machine once turned on allows any future version of Antoine with access to the machine to travel back in time to the exact moment it was turned on through a Portal.

September 2035, Antoine is staring at his machine drinking an old bottle of Scotch that escaped the Chaos of curent civilization, Lagavulin 16, his favorite...

It had been 3 months since the machine had been completed but he still did not turned it on for something was still worrying him.

Antoine's idea was to remain on his timeline as long as possible or mostly 6 months before the destruction of earth. What Antoine realized is that once he turned on the machine, a future Antoine would come out of it instantly.

These two Antoine would then get to live together until it was time for them again to re-enter the machine 6 months prior to earth's destruction.

So it would not be one Antoine appearing out of the Portal once he would turn it on but 2.

Making them 3 to live together until earth's destruction when they would all re-enter the machine to avoid death.

But this meant that when Antoine would turn the machine on, not one, not two, but 3 versions of himself would appear before his eyes.

Where would it end? If Antoine did this for 50 years he would end up with 30 + versions of himself as soon as he turned it on.

He could even calculate how long he would live simply by calculating the amounts of "Him" that would come out of the portal once opened.

But the space occupied by the time machine would never allow for 30 persons to come out of it at once.

Should he kill them all as soon as they appear? Why would I even have this thought he thought. This would mean he would get killed too the first time he used the machine.

How is Antoine to fix this problem? Time is runing out and he has already lost 3 months prior to Earth's destruction by not turning it on.

Last edited:

timecore

I think that would not happen because it was a particular future self that came back.i hope you understand.I think even physicist get this wrong.

MetaMatrix

The Man of Esoteric Knowledge
Event will find it's way to happen. Even you change it. Tempus Edax Rerum, Time will find a way for it to happen. Because, if not, larger and unexpected consequences might be expected.