Time travel tv series creation tips

Alias Elysum

I am writing one and would like your opinion. So far there are 3 groups of time travel agencies:
One tries to change the past for the better, the second tries to prevent time travel and the third to undo all changes.
The first episode is in Manchuria in WW2.
The main characters will be a Caucasian Lt Col with the UN military and a rescued Chinese comfort woman.

keep notion of an interstellar species that contracts observation via probabilistic trajectories as overseers/watchmen

rorschach.jpg

IroncladMarshmallow

I am writing one and would like your opinion. So far there are 3 groups of time travel agencies:
One tries to change the past for the better, the second tries to prevent time travel and the third to undo all changes.
The main characters will be a Caucasian Lt Col with the UN military and a rescued Chinese comfort woman.
The UN was created at the end of WW2. Is he supposed to be from the future? What is his nationality?

Are you a tv producer?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
You forgot the 4th category. An agency that removes all technology that leads to the development of time travel so they might achieve world domination. Kind of like the world we live in right now.

You forgot the 4th category. An agency that removes all technology that leads to the development of time travel so they might achieve world domination. Kind of like the world we live in right now.
You forgot the 7th category. An agency that removes all that lead against progress.

Last edited:

Alias Elysum

The UN was created at the end of WW2. Is he supposed to be from the future? What is his nationality?

Are you a tv producer?

Yes he is from the future and he is Canadian (cuz that's where I live and would prefer to film)
No I am not a producer I'm still working on the pilot, having writers block, hoping to one day make it.

Alias Elysum

There will only be 3 groups.
Each will have some form of corruption within i.e those that change the past may sometimes go too far.
I'm being very vague to protect any ideas I have from being stolen.
Everything posted is what I am comfortable with revealing until further notice.

IroncladMarshmallow

Are you a tv producer?

Yes he is from the future and he is Canadian (cuz that's where I live and would prefer to film)
No I am not a producer I'm still working on the pilot, having writers block, hoping to one day make it.
There will only be 3 groups.
Each will have some form of corruption within i.e those that change the past may sometimes go too far.
I'm being very vague to protect any ideas I have from being stolen.
Everything posted is what I am comfortable with revealing until further notice.
What year is he from? Is he married? Does he have any special skills? Is he tempted to change the past for personal reasons? What kind of personality does he have?

Just thinking about character development. I've seen plenty of time travel shows and movies ranging from amazing to amazingly bad. Too many people rely on the concept of time travel to carry the story along and forget the basics.

I'm not a producer or anything like that. You don't want to see a marshmallow trying to write a script. It makes for a really messy storyline with too many sweet characters talking about the dangers of campfires. :)