Timeline Issues

Chris316

I was just thinking, can someone really alter his/her timeline if he/she travels back in time? If everything is based on the Multi-verse theory, if someone travels back in time and makes changes there, isn't he/she is just making another reality separate from his/her original timeline?

TimeFlipper

Welcome to Paranormalis Chris..
We all hope that you will enjoy your time with the Paranormalis family :)
The answer to your question will come from lots of our members, all with their own views on that topic..Enjoy :D

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
Yep, you will create a new timeline from the point you arrive in the past.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I was just thinking, can someone really alter his/her timeline if he/she travels back in time? If everything is based on the Multi-verse theory, if someone travels back in time and makes changes there, isn't he/she is just making another reality separate from his/her original timeline?

Some say that you cannot change your own timeline because every time you time travel, you will create a new timeline. I believed that until I experienced a time line change recently. Now, I'm not so sure. It appears that someone can, indeed, choose which time line to enter and change it.

Martian

I think the basic rules of physics would apply. You'd have to input energy to a system to alter its configuration. Would the timeline change? Well, I think that's just another way of saying the sequence of physical interactions following that change would be altered, so yes.