Transcription error, need help

aima_tellia

I haven't read it, but I'll try as soon as I can. I read the text from the link you provided, and some of it was confusing, because I don't have the background for a lot of things, but the part which seemed to be from the book was easy enough to understand. I have a question: Martian means a being from the planet Mars, but I thought there were no people on Mars. Maybe this is something I'll understand when I read the book. Also, for the curious, I used a crayon to make my picture of the mentor who came to me the day I left.

Kain

What is "crayon" in your language? If there is no word for it how'd you learn the meaning of a crayon with no formal education in our time nor a need to learn about them? If there is a word for it when would it be used and how would said crayon's be produced?

Why do you have Crayons in a house full of adults (from the color you used it was at least a 24 pack but more likely a 48 pack)?

What kind of clothing did you have when you arrived? What was the very first thing you did when you got here?

Thanks again for you story and for taking the time to answer my questions.

aima_tellia

I don't understand the question of PyRo99. I was born in my home, and lived all my life there. The best answer is that I got there by my mother and father. I don't think I need to explain that. I have noticed that the process is the same for people in this time and place.

I say this to everyone, please think about your questions before you ask them. To ask a poorly considered question is wasteful.

Kain, you assume that I have no way to know about crayons because I didn't spend my childhood here, and you forget that crayons are sold in stores of all kinds. An adult who had never seen crayons before might see them and be amused by something which is colorful, but not messy like paint, and buy them in case he wanted to draw a picture. He might buy them as a gift for a child. He might mistake them for candy and buy a box to snack. You ask how I know the word crayon, but I'm sure you know they write it on the front of the box in big letters, and if they didn't, it would be easy to ask someone what they were, and how they were used, even if they stared. We don't have crayons where I come from, so there is no word for them, but where I come from, we're able to learn new things even when we're no longer children. Isn't that wonderful?

You assume that I live in a house full of adults, but I've never said there were no children here. There are not, but even so, I believe I've just explained how it is possible for adults to buy and use crayons.

When I woke up on the day I left my home, the day was mild, and I had no need to wear clothes. Of course, it caused problems later, when I was naked, bleeding, upset, and shouting in a language no one understood. I spent that day and many days after in a hospital.

I am happy to answer questions, but remember that time is precious, not to be wasted.

CaryP

I am happy to answer questions, but remember that time is precious, not to be wasted.

That's a funny statement coming from someone who grew up not being concerned with measurements of time. You're sounding pretty hoaxie there aima tellia. Your English is a bit too polished for someone who learned it as a second language in the last few years. Your crayon explanation was a bit of overkill and somewhat defensive. Over explaining is usually a sign of a coverup. Keep having fun with the kids here while you can. At some point the wheels will come off your wagon too.

Cary

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

Aima, I am rivetted to this tale, so please continue.

I have nothing to offer by way of comment or questions as of yet, but I will endeavour to engage you with some soon.

Fascinating tale. :D