Trying To Convince Intelligent AI NPCs That They Are Living In A Simulation

Num7

Administrator
Staff
This one is a mix of creepy and fascinating. I wish he got the NPC to give out a phone number. That would have been batshit crazy. Can you imagine?

I have a hard time figuring out if the devs voluntarily included that kind of discussion as an easter egg... I mean, you create a simulation of NYC, the boundary walls are made out of Matrix symbols... You'd definitely include weird tidbits of dialogue, wouldn't you? I would!

What I'm curious about, is in the case it's not intended... How far can you make those NPC talk? They gotta have some parameters and such...

We're reaching a point where those characters feel almost sentient. They're not. But they sorta feel like they are. They're able to give out the illusion that they have a personality and consciousness.

Wind7

Staff
This one is a mix of creepy and fascinating. I wish he got the NPC to give out a phone number. That would have been batshit crazy. Can you imagine?

I have a hard time figuring out if the devs voluntarily included that kind of discussion as an easter egg... I mean, you create a simulation of NYC, the boundary walls are made out of Matrix symbols... You'd definitely include weird tidbits of dialogue, wouldn't you? I would!

I was thinking the same thing.
The one that seemed the most talkative was one named 'Link'.
What I'm curious about, is in the case it's not intended... How far can you make those NPC talk? They gotta have some parameters and such...

We're reaching a point where those characters feel almost sentient. They're not. But they sorta feel like they are. They're able to give out the illusion that they have a personality and consciousness.

Personally, It sounds as though they are gathering data themselves.
Maybe.....?