Tsar Bomb

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
Not sure if the Russians were trying to split the Atom or split the Earth with this one.

The Tsar bomb is the largest Nuclear weapon ever exploded. It's payload was a massive 50mt although it was originally planned as a 100mt device but there would be no way that they could ever deploy it without killing those that deployed it. At this time in the Cold War the Americans were demonstrating that they could deploy smaller payloads with precision. The Russians were not as accurate so instead they built massive bombs. Who needs to be accurate when you are wiping everything out for 50 square miles!

TnWatchdog

And to think years ago they had drills in school that were similar to earthquake survival training. You were instructed to put your head under your desk for protection. They don't do this drill anymore as a blast survival technique cause they realized your desk wouldn't save you.

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
The conspiracy theorist in me would say that they tell you to put your head between your legs to help preserve your teeth so that they can identify you charred remains :)