TV Shows: Are they really what they seem?

ClandestineJuice

I watch shows like Jesse Ventura, Alien Hunters and other shows like those. Question is do they actual prove anything? Do they actually inform or are they just entertainment?

I remember when Jesse got in trouble for the sealed coffin thing Tru TV came out saying his show was

described Conspiracy Theory as an "entertainment program that appears on an entertainment network."

So can his show be trusted? Just look at the other programming on Tru TV.

UFO Hunters is another. I love the show but they don't actually ever really prove anything. Like the Dulce New Mexico episode. Kevin was looking for a vent of hot air from the base. I don't know it just seems stupid to me. They could have done more research and intelligence on the supposed bases site. Could have looked more. They just seemed to half ass it.

This topic may not make any sense but it's just something I have been thinking about.

Samstwitch

I watch shows like Jesse Ventura, Alien Hunters and other shows like those. Question is do they actual prove anything? Do they actually inform or are they just entertainment?

I remember when Jesse got in trouble for the sealed coffin thing Tru TV came out saying his show was

described Conspiracy Theory as an "entertainment program that appears on an entertainment network."

If I understand your question correctly...Well, for one thing, Tru TV had to say that inorder to protect themselves LEGALLY. So I fully understand that statement.

Secondly, Jesse Ventura was Governor in his state, and he takes these issues very seriously. It's not a joke for him. That's why he ran for Governor. That's my opinion on the matter.

You also have to do your own research and come to your own conclusions about each individual program on TV. Most of the Reality Shows on TV are Scripted. I was very disappointed when I researched and found out National Geographic exploited the Hutterites. In their contract, they were forced into Scripted episodes. National Geographic presents the episodes as authentic, and lost credibility with me when I discovered that it was forced script on the Hutterites.
Here's an article that I hadn't even seen before, but it explains some of it: Hutterites blast ‘exploitative’ show on National Geographic Channel

Ghost Hunters and Destination Truth are two exceptions. They are genuine and sincere in their investigations.

Bottom line is...Networks and TV Producers don't give a damn about people...they only care about money! They are greedy. Scripture says, "For the love of money is the root of all evil." 1Timothy 6:10

ClandestineJuice

I like Jesse's show and I remember when he was governor my father got me a shirt of his when he went to Minnesota.

Tru TV has shows like Lizard Lick and Operation Repo which I thought were reality at first but are both re-enactments. Who knows what shows are reality anymore.....from Whale Wars to Man vs. Wild

I love UFO Hunters but in one episode it looks like Bill is coaching or coaxing John Lear to say something.

Samstwitch

One way to get information on a TV Show is to look it up on Wikipedia. Many times they will post the truth and expose these kinds of things. It was posted about the Hutterites TV Show, but now it seems to be missing. I wonder if they removed it, because people were finding out what National Geographic and the Network did to that community. I have seen things removed on Wikipedia that was embarassing truthful information, but I'm sure they were pressured.

The world we live in today is very corrupted in all aspects. It didn't used to be like this when I was young.

I always research everything. It's the only way to go. :)

Good luck!