Virtual Reality Seldom Discussed Secrets

correction123

I just couldn't shake this statement off that I read about with the individuals at the last E3 Games in CA. Sony asked the potential customers there, how was the DEMO's? They said, "The games were great, makes you feel like you are really in those worlds. But they all made this off the wall comment,"It feels like I just woke up from dreaming"! It was this statement that caught my attention. So I browsed online relentlessly to see if anyone else from the Sony company would comment on such and I couldn't find anything from them.

It wasn't until I came across a site called "Verge" they had an article written about the "3-D Sterio-Scopic Sounds. But that's not what caught my eye, he also stated that Sony uses a Binaural 3-D sounds embedded the sound effects when each game is played in the VR Headset. There was the answer I was looking for! To answer my daunting question as to how one could be deceived into believing that the world they are interacting with is the "Real" one with all their 5 senses! They essentially are hypnotized slowly and deliberately while partaking in this 3-D panorama of events. This is why the world looks so real and undistinguishable and is so involved. The visuals, sound effects, and 120frames per second timing all are wrapped up in this device called, "Project Morpheous".

Being hypnotized with binaural beats is not something that is new and we all know this...but the way it was used and how it is used now is a sudden leap forward ,it's a pre-empted step to discovering what we are capable of entering into by tapping into the deep essence of our minds and connecting that with a VR device to further enhance our alternate realities; that is our desire to be part of something greater than ourselves then what we have become in this reality. Trust this, it will never replace our real world unless one walks around all day under hypnosis. Think of this old technology that now can be a reality as a temporary vacation spot and nothing more or a tool to enhance our certain weaknesses or our most noble strengths that we can summoned to our cause.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
It's kinda creepy and scary to think that soon, we're going to experience VR environments that might be better and more interesting than our real life.

Martian

That's creepy. Binaural beats can alter brain waves, as you mentioned, but there's something else, too. The human eye can only distinguish about 20-30 frames per second, beyond which everything seems to flow smoothly as fluid motion. If this machine can display 120 fps, it could show you images of anything in between consecutive game images, and your mind wouldn't consciously perceive it. However, your subconscious mind would likely notice. Could this be used as a means of mind control or mass hypnosis? :eek:

correction123

Glad you brought that up! Yes it could if they use more powerful technologies in their VR units. The VR is in its early development that is, to be used in your home for the first time. But it's an old idea that was tried many years ago and failed for various reasons. But those ideas were waiting for fertile ground and advance technologies, along with better more enriched understanding how the eyes and brain work together in a game environment. When talking about Mass Hypnosis it is still a bit early, heck Sony's VR headset has to be plugged into the PS4 and they are thinking of making it Wi-Fi eventually.

But Binaural Beats won't cause mass hypnosis but it is enough to take you down if your willing to go deep. But they are working on hypnosis applications as we speak to work with the VR systems.

TimeFlipper

My immediate thought on the hypnosis on VR would be by using subliminal messaging, but that can be easily discovered..
Im thinking of hypnosis along the lines of a "physic overlay" on the VR systems, very similar to the way they used them on the 1960s records as a way of making any record that they wanted to, sell many more copies..

correction123

I know "Back Masking" does work and grabs the minds and souls of the listener, it can't force it's will on you being we are creatures of free will! "Influence" is the subtle key when it comes to hypnosis of any sort. You and I have to be willing to go under and that is where subconscious instinct comes into play. Subliminal's it's a hit and miss with people, one size doesn't fit all minds. Take for example a person who has PTSD from a war front will most likely block any sub-messages and be reluctant to hypnosis where he or she is not willing to give up their "will" and still feel protected.

There are many examples, so there are many ways to reach such people and the VR is one of those tools. I assume they will come up with something better by 2017 that would make you flip out, again people have to get to know themselves a bit better so they can find tool that they would feel comfortable with to use and be submissive towards.

correction123

It's been confirmed by Sony their VR Gear is coming out the first quarter of 2016... and they will have the best VR applications (games) with it to show off the enrichment of the PS4 with the VR headset. The one I am waiting for like a whole lot of folks who are into gaming much more than myself these days is called, No Mans Sky, just type it in and read about it or go to youtube. It contains 18 quintillion worlds and endless galaxies! The creator of the game said, it would take several lifetimes to visit each planet for just one second then going to the next and so on! It is the biggest sandbox undertaking for any game in the world right now.

If you can see a star on this program in space you can go to it! But it depends how good your hyper-drive is....You see you have to have money to purchase bigger and better ships and suites etc. To do this you have to go to different worlds and collect minerals and bring them back to the space stations for cash, then you can upgrade your weaponry and other needed supplies for the long trip to the center of the galaxy. On each planet you will never know what you are going to see or meet up with! The creator of this game told us they don't even know, you will know if you go there. And the chances of meeting others out there is nearly "0" %. Well its space! Anyways, take a look at it and then think what it would be like using the VR Headset!

TimeFlipper

I know "Back Masking" does work and grabs the minds and souls of the listener, it can't force it's will on you being we are creatures of free will! "Influence" is the subtle key when it comes to hypnosis of any sort. You and I have to be willing to go under and that is where subconscious instinct comes into play. Subliminal's it's a hit and miss with people, one size doesn't fit all minds. Take for example a person who has PTSD from a war front will most likely block any sub-messages and be reluctant to hypnosis where he or she is not willing to give up their "will" and still feel protected.

There are many examples, so there are many ways to reach such people and the VR is one of those tools. I assume they will come up with something better by 2017 that would make you flip out, again people have to get to know themselves a bit better so they can find tool that they would feel comfortable with to use and be submissive towards.
Chris i think you have overlooked the Manchurian Candidates that are programmed to kill without any knowledge of doing it..
This is done by Narco-Hypnosis and the drugs used are predominately hallucinogens like LSD, which overcomes the "will" of the subject..

correction123

I seen that with the Microsoft HoloLens... it's called "Augmented Reality" which allows you to share with your environment the VR objects and interact with them. I read somewhere these will cost 3X that of a playstation 4. Around $1200.00 or more. HoloLens is mostly for real world applications and it will run off windows 10 that is coming in July 2015. I have been researching on what VR games that will be available for both Sony and Oculus Rift. I decided to invest around $1600 to own both Oculus Rift and Sony's Morpheous along with a nice but powerful gaming computer that is window base. Right now I only have an Apple Laptop on OSX. It won't due for either headset. So with the gaming computer with 16 gigs of ram and a terabyte hard drive along with the best graphic card and owning both headsets it will be around the price I mentioned.

Oculus has games coming out that Sony doesn't have and Sony has VR games that Oculus doesn't have so I figured instead of kicking myself why I didn't purchase either one, I decided to buy the two and besides I need a Windows Laptop. I only have the Desktop for now and my wife uses that one for her record keeping. Oh, Sony doesn't have flight simulators and I can't even find a flight stick for the PS4! That's wrong! So be it, I want to have access to Microsoft at any given time and they will have the most applications than project morpheous will as far as real world. I own a PS4 right now so that is why I am getting the Morpheous also.

Eventually I will purchase the HoloLens when it comes out, hopefully for not another year or so, so I don't get yelled at! I never vested into gaming since I was in my 20's now being in my 50's and VR is finally hitting the markets it's catch up time! Then I can give you all a fair review of both systems and their prestigious games. I am very particular in what games I like. For example: One I am eyeing up is called "No Mans Sky" which will keep me busy and from being bored all day long. Another one is "Until Dawn" it is a horror sic-fi. It's a movie you don't control the characters but it pause to allow you to make decisions for them and whatever decision you make, may cause their deaths or not! They gave a prime example: When you watch movies and your into it you always say don't go there or do that! Now you can make the decision for them.

"time travel" this is promoted out of Canada for the Oculus Rift only! Look it up it is fantastic VR first person!

There are few others still, but my gaming library will consist of "space traveling", "time traveling", "scuba diving", sic-fi and maybe occasionally some kind of roller coaster! There will be much more because both companies know if they don't have unique games when this hits the market they are doomed business wise. Remember you are "first person" in all of the movies or games you play! The next generation of people growing up wouldn't be thrilled with VR it would just be another medium to play games. But to us first starting out it is a new frontier.

Some companies stated with the engine builders they now have access to, nothing would be impossible to create in VR platform.